Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 11:55 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,917,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
It's not only his inexperience but his poor judgement. Wright, Rezko, etc. etc. He's the consumate politician, though he claims to be different. I don't trust him OR his judgement. But, I do know he'll raise taxes, on everyone who pays taxes, regardless of what he claims.
reality of the situation is... taxes are going to have to go up no matter who's in office.. because we are in debt up to our ears... be weary of anyone promising to keep your taxes low this election season... we've dug ourselves into a hole.. and cutting taxes without getting out of this costly war will only be digging it deeper... Like I said.. Obama was not my first pic.. but I will support him... I don't judge anyone by the church they go to or actions of their friends or business associates.... unless there is evidence to support them having a direct hand in illegal or bigoted behavior... i think jumping to any conclusions about someone in regards to such indirect issues is unfair.. I certainly cannot say for sure I know he didn't... but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because nobody can prove anything.. its all speculation. Much of the attacks in politics are speculation.. on either side of the fence.. that is why people hate negative ad campaigns... because we can all sit here and question this or that.. but who really knows... stick to what we know FOR sure.. and make your decisions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 11:58 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,594,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny C View Post
So does McCain, but he is at least reasonable enough to understand that we need to tap our own oil supplies NOW to ease the price of gasoline for the next 10-20 years until we can actually determine what those "alternative, clean" energy sources actually are.

Oil isn't going away anytime soon, so we should do everything we can to utilize our own oil supplies while we research the "clean" fuels.

Dems talk about plans of "clean" and "renewable" energy, but usually have nothing of any real substance to add. Hence the funny reference to rainbows, unicorns, and pixie dust.
Hmm...Really?

Who is the driving force behind the Energy Speculation Bill. Certainly the threat of regulation has had an affect on energy prices.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:06 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,858,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens2QueenCity View Post
You right wing nut jobs need some of Cindy's stash.Is Ambassador Ed Peck anti American? How about Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson? Because a black man said it he is labeled anti-American by you and those warmongering cowards who choose to "sit out this one" when being drafted yet they are so patriotic with their unabated hatred of anything different of their "ideal society"
Yikes. What are you talking about?

Old 08-27-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Since you are so clear on my candidates energy policy can you please explain your candidate's?
Pro nuclear.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:09 PM

Location: Just East of the Southern Portion of the Western Part of PA
1,272 posts, read 3,706,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSweetWorld View Post
There aren'ty many viable options for clean or renewable fuels because this lazy a*s administration won't put any money into it. Trust me, offer the auto industry in America a 100 million dollar prize for the first company to produce a 100 mile per gallon car and it will be done in less than 6 months.
100 million dollars? are you serious? Any american company that could produce such a car or any type of alternative energy would stand to make ALOT more than 100 million dollars! The free market provides plenty of incentive for companies to produce alternatives to oil.

The problem is that it is VERY DIFFICULT to simply create "clean" and renewable energy sources that would allow our economy to continue to grow. Hence, the need to tap into our own oil supplies to curb fuel prices while the search for the flux capacitor continues....

Old 08-27-2008, 12:16 PM

479 posts, read 879,205 times
What you mean Hannity & Co. are keeping their lemmings in the dark?Are these men anti-American?
Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, views on September 11-Truth!
Meet The (White) Man Who Inspired Wright's Controversial Sermon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Yikes. What are you talking about?

Old 08-27-2008, 12:18 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,691,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
reality of the situation is... taxes are going to have to go up no matter who's in office.. because we are in debt up to our ears... be weary of anyone promising to keep your taxes low this election season... we've dug ourselves into a hole.. and cutting taxes without getting out of this costly war will only be digging it deeper... Like I said.. Obama was not my first pic.. but I will support him... I don't judge anyone by the church they go to or actions of their friends or business associates.... unless there is evidence to support them having a direct hand in illegal or bigoted behavior... i think jumping to any conclusions about someone in regards to such indirect issues is unfair.. I certainly cannot say for sure I know he didn't... but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because nobody can prove anything.. its all speculation. Much of the attacks in politics are speculation.. on either side of the fence.. that is why people hate negative ad campaigns... because we can all sit here and question this or that.. but who really knows... stick to what we know FOR sure.. and make your decisions...
Cutting capital gains taxes has been proven to increase revenues. This coupled with a reduction in domestic spending will help tremendously toward balancing the budget, as we found out when the Reps forced Clinton to sign the balanced budgets. When investors are able to liquidate their assets, they provide additional jobs, stimulate the economy, and raise revenues. Obama will do just the opposite and raise taxes, encouraging investors to keep their assets in savings, and reduce economic growth, thereby reducing new revenue. This, coupled with the increase domestic spending will make reducing the debt an impossibility.
I see your point about speculation but I'm not willing to take that chance knowing for certain that he will increase taxes and domestic spending. Raising taxes in an economic slowdown itsself makes me question his judgement.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
What you mean Hannity & Co. are keeping their lemmings in the dark?Are these men anti-American?
Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, views on September 11-Truth!
Meet The (White) Man Who Inspired Wright's Controversial Sermon
Obfuscation.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:32 PM

479 posts, read 879,205 times
Only to a Republican. A Yes or No answer would suffice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Obfuscation.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:45 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,339,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Like the subject says. Just thought this would be fun. Give it your best shot. Please try to keep it to a few sentences. Ideally 3 or 4 at the most.

Convince me as a hypothetical undecided voter on why I should vote for Obama or McCain.

Obama = changes which are badly needed like health care - economy.

Mccain = Do you want Dem's to control the whole gvmt ?

Last edited by Luiso; 08-27-2008 at 01:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections