Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 11:48 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Advertisements

You know, this morning I jumped the gun. When I heard McCain's pick was this Palin woman I was upset. But now I'm thinking this woman kicks butt. In fact, I can think of a few hockey references for a bumper sticker. I'm not a mother, but this tough feisty lady and her non-arugula manly husband are my kind of straight-shooting regular folks. I think we're going to get a lot of "straight-talk" from her.

This lady will hip check the likes of Ahmadinejad and Hugo Chavez whereas Biden will put them to sleep. I think if Biden pulls a Rick Lazio on her in a debate, she'll knock him down...figuratively, of course.

I saw her interviewed on one of the cable news shows a few months back talking about how Alaska was ready to help with the energy crisis. Didn't remember her name but thought she made a lot of sense and liked her gung-ho approach.

I don't give a rat's patooty about her being a woman, either, because frankly I never saw a vagina solve a problem and because I don't see women as some sort of victimized minority group.

I also think that Obama's message about people needing his help/the government's help to succeed while his wife's and his own successful life prove otherwise is not something that will go over the head of the American voter forever. Obama, who recently paid off student loans, is a somebody not because of government intervention but because he and his wife had it in them to succeed.

This Palin woman and her husband are alright in my book. I hope DC doesn't change them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 12:20 PM

645 posts, read 1,964,884 times
McCain is 72 years old, do we really trust a soccer mom as Commander in Chief?

Old 08-29-2008, 12:39 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo31 View Post
She's a hockey mom. Soccer is for women who don't want their little boys to get hurt.

(just kidding)

The woman is a hunter/fisherman and played basketball. She'll kick the butts of those Italian designer-shoed, nail-buffed, DC windsurfing, face-lifted Senators --- and she'll like it. Living in DC...not so much.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:41 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Couldn't agree more! Her and her husband (he is delicious, isn't he?) are what the American dream is ALL about.

He's also a gun-toting, union member. He WILL relate to ALL those gun-toting, union people in PA, MI, OH.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:43 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo31 View Post
She was a pagent queen too

Old 08-29-2008, 12:46 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You know, this morning I jumped the gun. When I heard McCain's pick was this Palin woman I was upset. But now I'm thinking this woman kicks butt.
Funny how the mind works, isn't it?

Old 08-29-2008, 12:52 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,900,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
She's a hockey mom. Soccer is for women who don't want their little boys to get hurt.

(just kidding)

The woman is a hunter/fisherman and played basketball. She'll kick the butts of those Italian designer-shoed, nail-buffed, DC windsurfing, face-lifted Senators --- and she'll like it. Living in DC...not so much.

She played basketball with an ankle fracture.

She's more than qualified to kick the Marxist Anti-American Obamas' smug butts.

In his mind's eye, she's one of those "bitter Americans" "clinging to guns and religion" that he hates so much.

And as far as I know she hasn't dragged any of her 5 kids to the Anti-American Reverend Wright liberation theology churches or over for dinner to the Pentagon bomber Bill Ayers house.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:55 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,900,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
She was a pagent queen too
More put downs of women? That's how she attended college, as a daughter of a teacher and school worker according to her bio, thanks to the scholarship from the pageant. I'm sure she's quite grateful for it.

She was a journalism major thanks to that scholarship, wherein she most likely learned to spell.

P A G E A N T

I bet she can spell affirmative action, too. A program that Michelle Obama has no gratitude for even after she got to go to Princeton on it.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 08-29-2008 at 01:03 PM..

Old 08-29-2008, 12:56 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
Well, she might get the evangelical vote. She wanted Creationism in public schools, and Evolution presented as only a theory.
"healthy debate" (http://dwb.adn.com/news/politics/elections/story/8347904p-8243554c.html - broken link)

Old 08-29-2008, 12:58 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,974 times
I told you guys. She's a conservative dream. McCain knew exactly what he was doing when he picked her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections