Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 04:03 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Actually, people come here from all over the place for the rattlesnake roundup. They catch them live and throw them all into a huge snake pit at the festival where they're on display before being measured, milked, and killed. They want the skins, rattles, etc. as trophies. And, again, animal rights people have a fit.

?
How sick. How very, very sick. I'd probably make some remark about Texas except one of my daughters now lives there and I don't want anyone to think that all Texans would do this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 04:07 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Wow. And this from someone who loves animals? Suppose it were dogs? So only animals who are cute and cuddly deserve to live? I just don't get the attitude of people toward animals. I see it all the time while doing volunteer work at the Humane Society but it never fails to baffle me. The arrogance of people to think that only human life has any value. Wow. She claims to be pro life but obviously her respect for life doesn't extend to anything that gets within gun range.
Yep, I guess I'm guilty as charged. I really don't want to live with snakes, scorpions or bugs in my house; I don't want feral hogs and coyotes running through my yard and killing my pets. And I enjoy eating meat, fish and poultry and wearing leather shoes.

So, you're right, I'm a terrible person. Happy now?

Old 08-31-2008, 04:07 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,662,846 times
I cannot even go here, this is way tooo upsetting for me. I hate when people hunt animals! I see no need for it other than people call it a sport they enjoy! No one needs to shoot an animal for a meal in todays world. Except maybe in the Amazon! Or the rurals of Alaska.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:10 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,662,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
Likewise.
Ditto'

Old 08-31-2008, 04:10 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
While I believe abortion should not be part of any political discussion, I am surprised by the amount of people who are more interested in the lives of animals than that of children.
Aborted fetuses are not children. They're unborn, non-living, non-breathing fetuses. We're talking about actual living, breathing animals here (some of which are on the endangered species list) that are being killed for no reason. We're not talking about unborn human fetuses and we're not talking about unborn animal fetuses..we're talking about live animals.

Your abortion analogy is irrelevant. Unborn human fetuses (read: which are NOT living, breathing children) have no similarity whatsoever to living, breathing endangered animals. It is certainly not hypocritical of a po-choicer to care about the needless killing of live, endangered animals, because aborting a human fetus does not equal killing a human child, and does not equal kiling a living animal.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:12 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
Mighty big assumption there Houston, perhaps I'm vegetarian - but that's beside the point. Equate for me the "humane" slaughter of farm animals to illegally pulling wolf cubs out of a den and shooting them in the head? Are you daft? Or just another rabid Palin flunky?
Compared to the "humane slaughter" a bullet to the head is merciful! Talk about daft.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:13 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Sounds like she's sucking up to the rich and elite who can afford big game hunting trips to Alaska.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:14 PM

375 posts, read 782,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Actually, people come here from all over the place for the rattlesnake roundup. They catch them live and throw them all into a huge snake pit at the festival where they're on display before being measured, milked, and killed. They want the skins, rattles, etc. as trophies. And, again, animal rights people have a fit.

Vagabond, what you posted here was a comment from some guy on a forum. Not a news story -- just some dude's remarks. Got anything from a real news source?
I don't know which news media you favor - CNN? BBC? Wallstreet Journal? My experience has been no matter what sources are listed it will be dismissed as bias if it doesn't contain what the reader wanted to see. Below are some news stories that discuss Palin's environmental views:

Gov. Sarah Palin has put drilling above environment - Los Angeles Times
Palin, polar bears and the presidency | csmonitor.com
4 Things Sarah Palin Believes About the Environment - Fresh Greens (usnews.com)

I doubt a mainstream news paper would put it as bluntly as the text quoted above because they would be shouted down as "liberal" but I think Palins insistence to pretend global warming is non-existent and per her pursuit to have polar bears removed from the endangered species list to allow her to expand her oil exploits is enough evidence that the woman doesn't simply have "wild life management" for the proliferation of food animals as the crux of her actions.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:14 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,252,545 times
Buy your meat from a local source...hunting for meat is fine also. Killing wolf pups when you were told to move them is not fine.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:16 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
I cannot even go here, this is way tooo upsetting for me. I hate when people hunt animals! I see no need for it other than people call it a sport they enjoy! No one needs to shoot an animal for a meal in todays world. Except maybe in the Amazon! Or the rurals of Alaska
Ahh. The mentality of the left. So....warped and twisted. Less tears are shed for aborted babys and babys left to die on a shelf than people hunting animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections