Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 11:33 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,685,300 times

Advertisements

What happened Thursday? Did I miss something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 12:27 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Too bad that what knocked Obama out of the news was the realization of just how desperate John McCain's campaign must be in making such a poor choice, and the obvious transparent attempt at electioneering. It becomes more obvious day by day that this was a knee-jerk selection. She is under investigation for abuse of power, her 17 year-old unmarried daugher is pregnant, and there is more to come. One can argue that these things are not important, but you need to know about them and avoid them whenever possible.

I am all for McCain keeping Obama out of the news, if it's more stuff like this. Keep it coming.
LOL, no kidding--I don't need to hear "all Obama all the time." It's good to take a break from time to time, especially when you got something really juicy to laugh about.

I'm sure there will be a few more "Obama breaks" in the next 60 days, too. Unless they've told Sarah to sit still and say nothing, she's bound to make a major gaffe. She's just too colorful, and she's too new to know where to step. (Or where not to step.)

By all means, I'll be tickled to stop talking about Obama for awhile when that happens.
Every time it happens, LOL.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:50 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What happened on thursday? I've not seen or heard anything about it. For three days it's been nothing but Sarah, Sarah, Sarah, and now Gustav.

Can you admit how absolutely brilliant McCains strategy on his VP rollout was? Knocked obama COMPLETELY off the news.
Oh yeah, real brilliant. He totally knocked Obama off the news for three days...over a holiday weekend when the only people even watching the political news have been politicos like ourselves.

Normal people are going on road trips to their relatives' homes, grilling burgers, sitting by the pool for the last time this year, and havin a few cold ones this weekend. Obviously not everyone is off work, but the majority of America is relaxing over the holiday weekend. They're not glued to the tv or radio, watching/listening the news (especially political news), and they could give a crap who McCain chose as his running mate. This forum is not indicative of how the general public feels about politics. Most people in America don't give a crap about running mates or convention speeches.

When I told my mom the other day that McCain chose Palin, and I explained a little about her, my mom's response was, "That's nice. So, I guess it'll just be a couple months before we find out who wins. Could you hand me a soda from the cooler?"

Old 09-01-2008, 03:00 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,192,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
LOL, no kidding--I don't need to hear "all Obama all the time." It's good to take a break from time to time, especially when you got something really juicy to laugh about.

I'm sure there will be a few more "Obama breaks" in the next 60 days, too. Unless they've told Sarah to sit still and say nothing, she's bound to make a major gaffe. She's just too colorful, and she's too new to know where to step. (Or where not to step.)

By all means, I'll be tickled to stop talking about Obama for awhile when that happens.
Every time it happens, LOL.
Not an actual 'gaffe' but she has done the '18 million cracks in the glass ceiling' comment *several* times to different audiences.. Heard some very audible boos cause of course the reference to Hillary.. Is that a gain or a loss? I'm confused about the intended purpose..

Old 09-01-2008, 03:04 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
It's good to take a break from time to time, especially when you got something really juicy to laugh about.
Yeah, keep telling yourself that. Obama got virtually no bounce from the convention and his spectacle of a speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections