Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2008, 02:09 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,636,388 times

Advertisements

I would ask very specific questions about their plans for social security, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, the changing economy, their conception of what various Constitutional provisions mean to them (such as the 4th Amendment), and their understanding of the composition of the federal budget. There would be no "gotcha" questions, and no personal questions - just questions about the fundamental "guts" of governance, and the workings of the country.

What would you ask?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 02:14 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
I would ask very specific questions about their plans for social security, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, the changing economy, their conception of what various Constitutional provisions mean to them (such as the 4th Amendment), and their understanding of the composition of the federal budget. There would be no "gotcha" questions, and no personal questions - just questions about the fundamental "guts" of governance, and the workings of the country.

What would you ask?
The same question I ask every time the Democrats email me....have ya got control of the voting machines yet?

Old 09-03-2008, 03:13 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post

What would you ask?
I would focus on monetary policy and the link between that, taxation and productivity, and their policy recommendations in that framework.

Unfortunately red herring issues dominate the political noise (I hesitate to call it debate) in this country.

It really is sad. It seems that the main objective of both the politicians and many citizens right now is to raid the treasury.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections