Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 01:55 PM

2,058 posts, read 5,862,614 times

Advertisements

It's all a distraction from the big issues like:

The economy: It's tanking thanks to Bush. People are worst off today than 8 years ago. It's a fact.

Health care: There's no excuse that 45 million Americans are without healthcare. What are we, some 3rd world country?

Education: Thanks to NCLB, schools are having to shell out money that should be going to the kids. It's an unfunded mandate and needs to be corrected.

The Right to Choose: The Republicans are bringing it back into the spotlight to shore up the Christian vote. They could care less about babies after they are born, they only care about them when they aren't born.... hypocrits...

Forclosures: 7,000 homes are going into forclosure every day thanks to these sub-prime loans.

Unemployment: It's going up, and no one can convince me otherwise. A job at Wal-Mart doesn't substitute a job lost at an auto plant.

The War: How can I forget the war, the illegal war that has put us trillions into debt.

If you care about America and middle class values, the choice is clear, Obama-Biden is the right ticket. If you are part of the rich minority or the radical Christian Conservative group, then go ahead and vote for McCain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 01:59 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,926 times
Well good luck with this thread!

Even the McCain surrogates know that talking about issues is a non-starter so don't expect any discussion about the policies of McBush anytime soon.

Rick Davis, campaign manager for John McCain’s presidential bid, insisted that the presidential race will be decided more over personalities than issues during an interview with Post editors this morning.

“This election is not about issues,” said Davis. “This election is about a composite view of what people take away from these candidates.”

Old 09-03-2008, 02:01 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post

Even the McCain surrogates know that talking about issues is a non-starter so don't expect any discussion about the policies of McBush anytime soon.

Rick Davis, campaign manager for John McCain’s presidential bid, insisted that the presidential race will be decided more over personalities than issues during an interview with Post editors this morning.

“This election is not about issues,” said Davis. “This election is about a composite view of what people take away from these candidates.”
the problem is that all the republicans here will say today's problems are Clinton's fault!

3,353 posts, read 4,966,793 times
Great post! It won't let me rep you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post

The economy: It's tanking thanks to Bush. People are worst off today than 8 years ago. It's a fact.

Health care: There's no excuse that 45 million Americans are without healthcare. What are we, some 3rd world country?

Education: Thanks to NCLB, schools are having to shell out money that should be going to the kids. It's an unfunded mandate and needs to be corrected.

The Right to Choose: The Republicans are bringing it back into the spotlight to shore up the Christian vote. They could care less about babies after they are born, they only care about them when they aren't born.... hypocrits...

Forclosures: 7,000 homes are going into forclosure every day thanks to these sub-prime loans.

Unemployment: It's going up, and no one can convince me otherwise. A job at Wal-Mart doesn't substitute a job lost at an auto plant.

The War: How can I forget the war, the illegal war that has put us trillions into debt.

If you care about America and middle class values, the choice is clear, Obama-Biden is the right ticket. If you are part of the rich minority or the radical Christian Conservative group, then go ahead and vote for McCain.

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post

Wow, lots of opinions here. I don't see so many "facts" presented. Why don't you come back after doing a little research.

Well come on Republicans.... BRING IT ON.....

Old 09-03-2008, 02:03 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post
x2

If McCain wont even discuss these issues dont expect his maniacal fans to. Do expect them to somehow pretend that despite Obamas' continuing to bring up his plans that he somehow doesn't have anything. They are very good at burying their heads in the sand.

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
*yawn* No one wants to really respond because this is yet another TLT--Tired Liberal Topic.

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
People here think the economy is fine, that we are "winning" in Iraq, that health care is not guaranteed under our Constitution, that those losing their homes should "get a better paying job", and that it's all a liberal media conspiracy to make Bush look bad.

Instead they talk about Obama being a gay muslim, drug addict who hates America, and report posts when they are called out on their idiocy.

The last thing they ever want to do is talk about issues.

Old 09-03-2008, 02:04 PM

My research is what I see in schools everyday, my research is going back to my hometown in Michigan and seeing block after block of houses in forclosure. My research is watching jobs that honest Americans did go overseas.... you must be a moron not to see how everday life has been affected by the Bushies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections