Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 11:05 PM

745 posts, read 2,209,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Does the GOP honestly think this lady has any crossover appeal whatsoever? Can a "pit bull with lipstick" be counted on to lead the nation if McCain were to pass away. I really believe the GOP needed more. Furthermore, east coast states such as Virginia are likely going to decide this election. Do you think anyone from the east coast is going to want to vote for someone from Alaska?
This thread has really exploded and I didn't go back and read through all 10 pages before this. But I couldn't disagree more in that her speech really struck a cord in east coast states like Virginia and North Carolina. Rural and Suburban Virginia is packed with voters that can relate as Football moms and Baseball moms. It's packed with people that still don't fully trust somebody with such deep roots in such a large city like Chicago. It's packed full of people that have been told for years that Democrats just don't understand people from rural areas and call you rednecks behind your back. And guns and religion are still hot topics here. And most importantly, the biggest determining factor beyond any policy issue is character, while she has came across as a very likable person that the media has been taking tons of shots at.

To go back to the original post to start the thread, I really believe this directly speaks to a lot of voters in the swing east coast states such as Virginia and North Carolina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 11:08 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,855,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
The nation needs our prayers. Heaven forbid something happen to Senator McCain, the US would be in utter chaos, and the World would have us for a snack. I'm no longer as concerned about how many more Wars Senator McCain will start, but the panic that would ensue knowing the Governor has the nuclear launch codes.
I would LOVE to see her try and 'intimidate' the Russians and Chinese. That would be a sight to behold. God knows they're probably laughing their a$$es off right now at McCain's choice.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:09 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
The nation needs our prayers. Heaven forbid something happen to Senator McCain, the US would be in utter chaos, and the World would have us for a snack. I'm no longer as concerned about how many more Wars Senator McCain will start, but the panic that would ensue knowing the Governor has the nuclear launch codes.
That is just silly!
This nation would need many more prayers with Obama as president.
Huckabee said that the news organizations had brought the Republican party together. I believe he is right.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:12 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
"Does the GOP honestly think this lady has any crossover appeal whatsoever? Can a "pit bull with lipstick" be counted on to lead the nation if McCain were to pass away. I really believe the GOP needed more. Furthermore, east coast states such as Virginia are likely going to decide this election. Do you think anyone from the east coast is going to want to vote for someone from Alaska?"

I agree. The Governor has done nothing to convince me she is ready to handle the job of Commander in Chief. I didn't hear any policy initiatives or ideas. There appeared to be a wholesale consumption of every jab the GOP has wished to say for Months through Senator McCain's surrogates, but delivered by the Governor. I can certainly say I don't think a single supporter of Senator Clinton honestly subscribes to the Governor's message, unless they never supported the Senator. They're polar opposites. This speech was the framework of what's to come, nothing. If Senator's Obama and Biden discuss the issues, this Election is clearly over. The Governor lost track of what Aircraft carrier her nephew was on.

It's a travesty that the Senator threw his party and the Nation on the crap table with this selection. There is nothing that convinces me the Governor would be good for our troops, our National Defense, Military, Economy and World Standing.

The absolute arrogance displayed tonight was shameful, and I'm embarrassed for the youth who may have been in attendance and the good members of the Republican Party. Adults should act like adults. No wonder we can't tell kids to stop calling names. The adults can't discuss the issues that affect their futures. This could have been the Second great night for women this year, at a Convention. It was reduced to a joke.

Well to hear the democrats talk anyone could do a better job than Bush, so I would have to say she could, just in using your own reasoning.

If a peanut farmer could run the country, why couldn't a beauty queen do the same, and ya gotta admit it would keep us men home on the night she gave a State of The Union speech.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:14 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Goodnite all....sometimes you gotta have a little fun... (;>}=

430 posts, read 1,359,312 times
I wonder how many posters on here are PAID OBAMA PUSH TROLLERS?

2,404 posts, read 6,579,562 times
Quote:
"Does the GOP honestly think this lady has any crossover appeal whatsoever? Can a "pit bull with lipstick" be counted on to lead the nation if McCain were to pass away. I really believe the GOP needed more. Furthermore, east coast states such as Virginia are likely going to decide this election. Do you think anyone from the east coast is going to want to vote for someone from Alaska?"

I agree. The Governor has done nothing to convince me she is ready to handle the job of Commander in Chief. I didn't hear any policy initiatives or ideas. There appeared to be a wholesale consumption of every jab the GOP has wished to say for Months through Senator McCain's surrogates, but delivered by the Governor. I can certainly say I don't think a single supporter of Senator Clinton honestly subscribes to the Governor's message, unless they never supported the Senator. They're polar opposites. This speech was the framework of what's to come, nothing. If Senator's Obama and Biden discuss the issues, this Election is clearly over. The Governor lost track of what Aircraft carrier her nephew was on.

It's a travesty that the Senator threw his party and the Nation on the crap table with this selection. There is nothing that convinces me the Governor would be good for our troops, our National Defense, Military, Economy and World Standing.

The absolute arrogance displayed tonight was shameful, and I'm embarrassed for the youth who may have been in attendance and the good members of the Republican Party. Adults should act like adults. No wonder we can't tell kids to stop calling names. The adults can't discuss the issues that affect their futures. This could have been the Second great night for women this year, at a Convention. It was reduced to a joke.
Question ??? Could it possiably be that they (McCains people) realize they can't win and by picking her they can save face and say WELL! we tried ???

Old 09-03-2008, 11:28 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassHysteria View Post
Bam!

Biden uses sarcasm like a chef's knife. He will not be daunted by her, because he has the knowledge and experience to back up HIS sarcasm and razor sharp wit. If she tries to act that way with Joe, he'll verbally draw and quarter her within minutes.

This woman is going down, and I REALLY hope Joe takes the gloves off and puts her career down permanently.

If he can draw tears I'll go out and raise money for the reelection! lol

Some of the rubes that are in love with her think we're angry. I'm not angry, I'm insulted. They're bringing a plastic knife to a gunfight.

The worm has turned, and the Republican party is going down.
That sarcasm is exactly what is going to make him lose votes and that is what it is all about. I don't think some of the Democrats know what is going on here and I am certainly not going to tell them. They are just totally out of their league. She will have him laid out on the floor with a knock out punch and he won't even know how he got there.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:33 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Yup. The only people who are excited about her are the people who would vote for McCain even if he picked Bullwinkle to be his running mate.
What about Rocky?

Biden's not good at much of anything, but sarcasm is indeed one of his strong suits...it's one thing to do it in front of a friendly crowd and another thing to do it one-on-one with someone who is against you.

If he makes her cry, her career is finished. She'd never live it down.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:42 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
That is just silly!
This nation would need many more prayers with Obama as president.
Huckabee said that the news organizations had brought the Republican party together. I believe he is right.
Of course you agree. Now that the news isn't promoting every crazy cash scheme the Republicans come up with "the Press" is the bad guy. There's nothing fiscally responsible about the Governor as you'll soon see. How you manage to dump a 22 Million dollar debt on a city of 5500 people that had no debt is insane. You want to pray for someone, pray for the Alaskans who are now in the National spotlight because the Senator chose to embarrass the Nation on the World stage. Releasing the tight grip on China's Visa brought the party together.

Ever try to get a shiny object from a raccoon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections