Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 12:19 AM

24,512 posts, read 33,339,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Let me help you out here.

Donations are voluntary. You, me, and our children will have no choice in paying off the record Bush debts.

But let me ask you this: can you point to any improvements that resulted from Bush's record deficit spending? New highways? Improved air traffic control systems? New schools?

Any ideas on where all that money went?
All of Bush's spending was passed by Congress. Which probably explains why the approval rating of Congress is lower than Bush's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 12:25 AM

2,501 posts, read 7,770,012 times
Quote:
I went to Obama's website and donated $350. This is the only campaign where I've contributed to a specific candidate. It felt good.
....While most of us are donating money to help out storm victims... I guess Obama's campaign does need a boost though.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:34 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,883,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
It's called panic giving. Obama, Obama supporters and leftists are absolutely panic stricken. They see Obama's coronation slipping away as fast as his lead in the polls evaporated following Palin's speech. That's right - it's all even up again. Obama is done.
Please. Let the woman speak without the aid of a teleprompter first.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:37 AM

33,567 posts, read 37,172,616 times
What the heck are you Americans going to do if McCain is elected, then kicks the bucket? You will have Sarah Palin as president....I can't think of a worse choice.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:38 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,914,840 times
Quote:
Let me help you out here.

Donations are voluntary. You, me, and our children will have no choice in paying off the record Bush debts.

But let me ask you this: can you point to any improvements that resulted from Bush's record deficit spending? New highways? Improved air traffic control systems? New schools?

Any ideas on where all that money went?
Ask New Yorkers who lived there during 911. And ask Nancy Pelosi your Congress leader (D)

Old 09-05-2008, 12:39 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,883,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBeaches View Post
....While most of us are donating money to help out storm victims... I guess Obama's campaign does need a boost though.
The good thing is that you can go to Obama's website and do both, since he has a link on his website to relief organizations associated with the states affected by Gustav. No such link exists on John McCain's website.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:42 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,990,154 times
Good job.

i'll match your pledge of $350 I promise. I'm not crazy about they guy but he's light years ahead of the alternative. They sent me a fund raising letter just a couple of days ago that I haven't opened.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:43 AM

24,512 posts, read 33,339,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What the heck are you Americans going to do if McCain is elected, then kicks the bucket? You will have Sarah Palin as president....I can't think of a worse choice.
I can. I'd rather have a conservative (Palin) than a liberal (Obama) for President.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:43 AM

2,501 posts, read 7,770,012 times
I have been getting e-mails daily from the Republican Party, listing ways that we can help out and links for donating money. The websites were also posted on the backdrop at the RNC and on flyers passed around at the convention.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:45 AM

1,147 posts, read 1,900,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Ask New Yorkers who lived there during 911. And ask Nancy Pelosi your Congress leader (D)
It did not come here. You do not remember all the stories about the money going to west bumblef*ck, not not the likely targets of an attack?

The Dem had congress for 2 years (and not that I approve of the job they are doing) but the hell did the Repubs do for the 1st 6 years of this decade?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections