Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 12:45 AM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Ask New Yorkers who lived there during 911. And ask Nancy Pelosi your Congress leader (D)
New Yorkers actually demonstrated against the war even before the war, and they certainly said a lot by not voting for Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
It did not come here. You do not remember all the stories about the money going to west bumblef*ck, not not the likely targets of an attack?

The Dem had congress for 2 years (and not that I approve of the job they are doing) but the hell did the Repubs do for the 1st 6 years of this decade?
Also don't forget the fear mongers had absolute power, with both houses of congress and the executive branch, unlike the present congress, where the big clown and idiot friends are still in the white house.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:51 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What the heck are you Americans going to do if McCain is elected, then kicks the bucket? You will have Sarah Palin as president....I can't think of a worse choice.
I can. Obama is his name. I am sure there is someone worse then he is, but they are not running for president. If he cares so much for poor people, why doesn't he give them some of these millions that have been donated. Put your money where your mouth is.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:53 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Quick, Democrats!!! Gather all your welfare checks and ship them off to King Obama.....hurry!!!!!!!!!!! He might loose this election after all if he doesnt have your financial support!!!!!!!

That private jet is getting expensive!!!! Those lavish sets that he sets up at his rallies are getting costly!!! He needs the money!!!

Mccain/Palin....the REAL change Washington needs in 2008!
well what ever he needs, we shall give it to him...We have the means, and the machine.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I can. Obama is his name. I am sure there is someone worse then he is, but they are not running for president. If he cares so much for poor people, why doesn't he give them some of these millions that have been donated. Put your money where your mouth is.
Well what does it say about hypocrite McBush, who fought for controlled campaign finance, accepts 84million in politician's welfare. And what does his base, those whom hates welfare folks, think about him taking such a big amount of welfare.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:57 AM

Quote:
It takes millions to defeat EVIL, we libs went to school and have great jobs, we are going to be able to deliver America from this destructive force known as the Republican party.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:04 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,868,193 times
Quote:
That's asinine. It could be asked why doesn't McCain do the same? He said he cares about the struggles of middle America. Furthermore, he's already put his "money" where his mouth is by advocating for the poor and working class. Just giving them money alone doesn't ultimately solve their problems.

And political campaign fundraising isn't for the United Way or a soup kitchen. That's Politics 101.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:16 AM

634 posts, read 1,419,888 times
Quote:
What the heck are you Americans going to do if McCain is elected, then kicks the bucket? You will have Sarah Palin as president....I can't think of a worse choice.

Well, McCains mother is still alive and so why all the worry of him dying? He could live more years than his mother, you never can tell.

My vote is for McCain. I would not vote for Obama if I was held at gunpoint. I reckon my time would just have to expire, proudly.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-1080 View Post
Well, McCains mother is still alive and so why all the worry of him dying? He could live more years than his mother, you never can tell.

My vote is for McCain. I would not vote for Obama if I was held at gunpoint. I reckon my time would just have to expire, proudly.
I don't think McCains mother was a prisoner of war, I think she looked MUCH younger than John. That was the best looking 96 year old I have ever seen. Nip/Tuck Maybe

Old 09-05-2008, 01:36 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,884,530 times
Quote:

Then it would be sad that McCain would be gone. But I'd be perfectly happy with Palin as Prez...

Bud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections