Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who WILL win?
Obama will win 80 51.95%
McCain will win 74 48.05%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 09:35 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by north_raleigh_guy View Post
obama and biden

reason:

This race will not be decided by base supporters. It will be decided by independent voters. Mccain solidified his support with the republican base by picking palin as a running mate, which is good for him, but i don't see him winning over more independents than obama. Palin does a lot for mccain but she doesn't help with the independent vote which is what he needs to win.

There are more registered democratic voters and obama is pulling in more independents than mccain to boot.

This will result in an obama / biden victory.

I'm and independent and i'm voting for obama in november and i am not alone.

~ nrg
pay attention...! It's already over, no use guessing....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 09:38 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,900,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I disagree. You'd be surprised how many people don't want someone who hunts animals from a helicopter a heartbeat away from the button. I'm still voting McCain despite my disapporval of his choice for VP. And my state of Texas will go McCain without a doubt. But I am really convinced Palin is going to be a huge liability as time goes on.
I am not aware of her personally ariel wolf hunting. I might be wrong but wasn't able to find anything like that. I believe that's the media spin. I believe (right or wrongn that it may be...) that it's a program to cull the wolves to balance out the endangered caribou or whoever it is that's endangered...Moose? I forget......which is a FEDERAL MANDATE. Ariel, yes thrrough a loophole in the wording.

I had an issue with animals ...being an animal rights activist but had to prioritize.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:54 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,192,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I tend to agree with you on this one. Lets face it, McCain and Biden are the only ones here that have experience to qualify them as President. Obama and Palin are just not ready for such a position in today's world.

After the Palin "bump" has subsided and she ends up in a debate with a man who has spent 35 years in the Senate dealing with every tin pot dictator, the 911 commission, and the wolves that fill the halls of Washington DC, her lack of experience will become quite evident.
BUT, despite this probable outcome, will her rabid supporters even care? The repubs are labelling Obama the Dem's false messiah - Palin seems to be filling that role for the 'right' and they're wearing blinders where she's concerned. Biden is great and has said, when asked about confronting Palin, that he's had to face many tough women in the Senate and is prepared. The potential problem is that even with her 'tutoring' she (and her ignorance on many matters) is likely to come across sympathetically to her supporters who'll see Biden as bullying her. And I bet the GOP will play that for all it's worth.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:59 PM

178 posts, read 416,637 times
I am not sure who will win, but I am hoping and praying it will be McCain and Palin.

I don't like Obama's "Robinhood' plans......Take from those who work their buns off, and give it to those who won't get OFF their buns. That is Obama's plan across the board! No kidding!

We are in for one big nightmare ride if Berry Hussein Obama, a simple little junior Senator, who can't decide how to vote on anything, except that it is okay to kill a living baby if the abortion didn't kill it, is made the most powerful person in the world.

May God forgive us if Obama becomes the leader of this country.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:00 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahSal View Post
BUT, despite this probable outcome, will her rabid supporters even care? The repubs are labelling Obama the Dem's false messiah - Palin seems to be filling that role for the 'right' and they're wearing blinders where she's concerned. Biden is great and has said, when asked about confronting Palin, that he's had to face many tough women in the Senate and is prepared. The potential problem is that even with her 'tutoring' she (and her ignorance on many matters) is likely to come across sympathetically to her supporters who'll see Biden as bullying her. And I bet the GOP will play that for all it's worth.
Well each parties base is going to remain "on base" and it wouldn't matter if they ran a ham sandwich. I think these debates are pretty much intended for the non-decided independents who often make up the most skeptical and incredulous group of voters.

Regardless of either parties candidates, I think the debates will be in favor of the most eloquent, articulate and informed speakers. As they usually are.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:11 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,781,549 times
I honestly don't know, but I'll be voting Obama so my conscience can be clear at least.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:14 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Yay, Obama's in the lead.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:19 PM

6,563 posts, read 12,054,379 times
I still think Obama will win, but it's going to be very close. Those small blue states in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic are going to add up, plus a few states that Bush won in '04. He could still win even without Ohio or Florida as long as he wins the states he is slated for plus Colorado or Virginia, or both.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:23 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,430,050 times
I voted Obama.

I will vote for McCain in the general election and I hope he wins but...

Obama won the primaries by way of fraud and I truly believe that he will win the GE the same way.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:48 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
I predict that McCain will win and drop dead of a heart attack when he hears the news and Palin will become the next POTUS on January 20th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections