Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 07:14 PM

206 posts, read 627,668 times

Advertisements

The liberal campaign to seek to diminish Sarah Palin by sexualizing her continues. Yesterday, I described how Frank Rich used a number of sexualized terms in reference to Palin's relationship with McCain: "shotgun marriage," "speed-dating" and "embrace." Chris Matthews employed a similar tactic this evening, claiming that Palin is running "somewhere between a VP and a First Lady."

During the first segment of this evening's Hardball, Matthews tried out his theory, with no particular success, on pollster Stu Rothenberg and NBC News Political Director Chuck Todd. For the record, Matthews did stop short of telling Palin to iron McCain's shirt.
CHRIS MATTHEWS: Let me try my theory about why Sarah Palin seems to be catching on. I don't think she's running as a traditional VP, which is no big deal. She's running as kind of like the other partner, somewhere between a VP and a First Lady, maybe.
Imagine the liberal/feminist outrage if a Republican had sought to portray a sitting governor and VP candidate as a First Lady.

Matthews: Palin Running 'Somewhere Between VP and First Lady' | NewsBusters.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 07:25 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
The more they smear here, the more voters want to defend and support her. Left them continue their smear campaign. They are going to assure that McCain-Palin win in November.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:27 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,251,744 times
No smears needed...she is slowly hanging herself. I can't wait until she's called out on her lies or asked questions about facts.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:28 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
No smears needed...she is slowly hanging herself. I can't wait until she's called out on her lies or asked questions about facts.
What lies? The only thing I have seen so far is stuff people have twisted around or invented.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:41 PM

206 posts, read 627,668 times
Quote:
as obama would eventually be called out on his lies in due time

Old 09-08-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastguy View Post
as obama would eventually be called out on his lies in due time
Obama has been called out over the past 1 1/2 years...have you seen any lies sticking?

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Liberal Commentators trying to diminish Sarah Palin
Conservative( let me be clear Conservative-Republicans) commentators due the same, ... when they diminish anything towards obama and his party you jag off to it, and have a big as grin on your face.

guess what **** already quit complaing both sides do it.. and for the fact that there are commentors based on political agenda is a joke of america

2,783 posts, read 6,674,185 times
Quote:
Hanging so slowly that in fact her poll numbers keep going UP!

Old 09-08-2008, 07:44 PM

13 posts, read 28,317 times
Her poll numbers will decline as soon as she opens her mouth. Why do you think they won't let her speak to the media?

Old 09-08-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
What lies? The only thing I have seen so far is stuff people have twisted around or invented.
News Hounds: FOX News Pundits Overlook Sarah Palin’s Lies While Praising Her Speech To The Hilt

Factchecking Palin, By Hilzoy - CBS News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections