Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 04:31 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Ever hear the term winning at all costs or any port in the storm or the ends validate the means or power is everything. Country first indeed!
evidently barack has heard of those terms since he picked biden, responsible for "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy ... I mean, that's a storybook, man", to be his running mate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 04:34 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
LMAO. So you Obama supporters don't like the glimpse of reality that goes on in Wash DC and actually claim your candidate is any different?

Grow up please. Wash Dc is it's own world and if you don't know how to play you lose.

Democrats want to shut their eyes to reality. Abortion isn't ugly, oh no, but we don't want to actually SEE those babies born alive.

Sarah Palin is a treasonist witch for using a lobbyist for her small home town and obtaining Fed support to help the citizens as is her sworn duty but freaking OBAMA can be the number three lobby money taking senator from the FANNIE MAE criminals.

OBAMA talking points are being spewed by every single media outlet except Fox WORD FOR WORD including TOM BROKAW yesterday morning but Dems love to pretend it's not true (even though secretely they are thinking too bad, dirty play is fair).

Your focus on minor dumb details and not the big realities of Wash Dc and the media bias towards OBAMA will insure your continued disappointment in "the system".

Old 09-10-2008, 12:55 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
So you are quite content with Washington D.C. as is, eh. It certainly has been serving us well, hasn't it.

Perhaps you are comfortable with hypocrisy. Personally I'm not. McCain use to have a moral compass. Now, not so much as his hiring of Condon illustrates. Obama should have been very vocal about the sexism surrounding Hillary's campaign; he wasn't and it could cost him big time.

And stop accusing everyone who has a problem with McCain/Palin as being an Obamafan. It's not true, though I doubt that bothers you.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:56 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Ever hear the phrase keep your friends close and your enemies closer?
"Blood is thicker than water."

I'd rather respect my family. How could you work with someone who slandered your very own family???

Old 09-10-2008, 07:31 PM

714 posts, read 1,539,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Dirty Tricks, South Carolina and John McCain

This kind of thing makes me wonder why any of us bother talking about all this stuff and getting heated about things. For politicians it seems to be just business after it is all said and done, even when it involves their kids.
and BO supported a racist for 20 years......

Old 09-10-2008, 07:47 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,156 times
It gets worse than his just being in bed with Rove. He straight out hired Tucker Eskew who was one of the masterminds behind the SC debacle. McCain despises the man and has said "there is a special place in he!!" for Tucker. Rove gets the big credit because he's the big name but Tucker had his hands much deeper in that than Rove ever did.

Quote:
and BO supported a racist for 20 years......
Apples and oranges. There is little that could display the depths you're willing to sink to to win when you'll hire men you hate to run your campaign - especially when McCain holds a grudge better than anyone in DC.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:09 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
LMAO. So you Obama supporters don't like the glimpse of reality that goes on in Wash DC and actually claim your candidate is any different?

Grow up please. Wash Dc is it's own world and if you don't know how to play you lose.

Democrats want to shut their eyes to reality. Abortion isn't ugly, oh no, but we don't want to actually SEE those babies born alive.

Sarah Palin is a treasonist witch for using a lobbyist for her small home town and obtaining Fed support to help the citizens as is her sworn duty but freaking OBAMA can be the number three lobby money taking senator from the FANNIE MAE criminals.

OBAMA talking points are being spewed by every single media outlet except Fox WORD FOR WORD including TOM BROKAW yesterday morning but Dems love to pretend it's not true (even though secretely they are thinking too bad, dirty play is fair).

Your focus on minor dumb details and not the big realities of Wash Dc and the media bias towards OBAMA will insure your continued disappointment in "the system".

Why do you constantly accuse people of not knowing what Washington is like as if you have a personal hotline to the Congress? Although it is fashionable to bash the Congress, they are us and we send them. If they are not acting as we wish it is our responsibility to reign them in. I do not want, nor am I voting for, king. I am voting for a politician. And I have more confidence in Obama/Biden's methods, ideas, and morals, than I do those of McCain/Palin.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:00 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Although it is fashionable to bash the Congress, they are us and we send them. If they are not acting as we wish it is our responsibility to reign them in.
I think you're way off. Congress is not "us". Congrss is 432 politicians that represent their states and districts. There are an additional three who might be said to represent the "us" of my state and district. However, Ms. Feinstein, Waters and the ilk do not amswer to me in any way shape oe form. That's not a we.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:03 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times
It's called no scruples or family pride. Mccain got owned back in 2000 and realized he needed that same person to own Obama. If it were me, I would hire the guy and on his first day wring his neck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections