Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 07:21 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,809,416 times

Advertisements

I'm pretty much disappointed with the remaining choice of canidiates in the election. The only one remaining that i can live with is Obama. If it comes down to McAmnesty/Billiary (the nightmares i have about these two) i may not even bother voting. Anyone else feel the same way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 07:26 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,339,631 times
I will not vote for Obama, Hillary, or McAmnesty. However, I will write in a candidate unless an independent comes along whom I could vote for-although that appears unlikely. I am unsure who I will write-in but I feel it is necessary to still vote if for nothng more than to show my utter disgust with the three remaining candidates.

Nicolem

Old 03-20-2008, 07:27 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,667,565 times
I thought I might ask for a write in ballot and write in Huckabee's name. We need a decent person for president.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:27 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,273,044 times
if u sit out then McAmnesty/Billiary will think you voted for them....so i think people should go out and vote for the lesser evil

Old 03-20-2008, 07:55 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,655,007 times
Don't know yet. They ALL scare me as well! All for differing reasons. I call them the Three Stooges, and a travesty we couldn't cull more qualified candidates.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:58 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,764,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I'm pretty much disappointed with the remaining choice of canidiates in the election. The only one remaining that i can live with is Obama. If it comes down to McAmnesty/Billiary (the nightmares i have about these two) i may not even bother voting. Anyone else feel the same way?
Yes I will vote. I have never missed a vote from the time I was old enough to do so. It's my duty as a patriotic citizen to do so.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:00 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,181,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
Yes I will vote. I have never missed a vote from the time I was old enough to do so. It's my duty as a patriotic citizen to do so.
Same here, except this will be my first time voting (I'll be legal age when it comes.).

I swear if Obama wins, I will walk out on the street and kill a random person.

Same for Hillary.

By the way, I do not like McCain nor would I vote for him. Just so people know it's not him either.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:06 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,102,934 times
I'd have a hard time wanting to vote if it comes down to Hillary Versus McCain, but I'd bite the bullet and vote for Hillary, while I find her campaign distasteful, I'd rather have her in the White House than McCain.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:07 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,667,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
if u sit out then McAmnesty/Billiary will think you voted for them....so i think people should go out and vote for the lesser evil
I have voted for the lesser of the two evils many times. I wonder why we do that when there is a write-in choice. Unfortunately that write-in choice does not happen until the main election. I would like to see an election when people would have the courage to ask for a write-in ballot and write in the name of someone they really want for president. I think that would change America for the better, not change it like Obama wants to. We need fewer, not more taxes.

I worked hard for any money I have, why does Obama and Hillary think I should give it to people who didn't work for it. They need to change their thinking.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:13 AM

357 posts, read 892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Same here, except this will be my first time voting (I'll be legal age when it comes.).

I swear if Obama wins, I will walk out on the street and kill a random person.

You heard it hear first, folks - any random acts of violence in November should be blamed on an 18-19 year old who answers to Haaziq. Sheesh, I hope that is rhetorical and not serious...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections