Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 12:55 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,873,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
"I think there's a really good chance Sarah Palin could become president, and I think that's a really scary thing... I think the pick was made for political purposes... Do the actuary tables and there's a one out of three chance, if not more, that McCain doesn't survive his first term and it'll be President Palin... It's like a really bad Disney movie."

Matt Damon On Palin: "Like A Really Bad Disney Movie... Totally Absurd" (VIDEO)
OK....some equality here.....

Matt Damon is going to talk about Palin using her "folksy" language when talking to Putin of Russia. What about Obama using his South Chicago lingo and fist bumps when talking to Putin of Russia? No difference really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 12:56 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,428,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Well he's right in one regard: It's a total political stunt on McCain's behalf. Do we really want a guy who pulls stunts? Or somebody who has our best interests at heart?

NEWSFLASH:

OBAMA HIMSELF IS A POLITICAL STUNT.

A media creation. A myth.

Helluva lotta good luck to you trying to cast anyone ELSE as a "stunt" when Mr. Hope-a-dope is Exhibit A in the politics of stupidity and mass media manipulation.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:56 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,890,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Well he's right in one regard: It's a total political stunt on McCain's behalf. Do we really want a guy who pulls stunts? Or somebody who has our best interests at heart?

So he expected what...that McCain would be stupid and pick a "deuce", instead of and "Ace", for VP? Judging from all the protests and outcry on this forum, he's picked and Ace...
I believe McCain DOES have our best interests at heart. Can't say the same for Obama...

Bud

Old 09-10-2008, 01:09 PM
NWS NWS started this thread

720 posts, read 1,646,855 times
http://bp0.blogger.com/_BWD3jaICbzg/...g-lipstick.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
So what Matt is trying to say is that he's not voting for "Pitbull" Palin?

He's not voting for Pigbull Palin
http://bp0.blogger.com/_BWD3jaICbzg/...g-lipstick.jpg

Last edited by autumngal; 09-13-2008 at 09:06 AM.. Reason: copyright issues

Old 09-10-2008, 01:10 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,414,660 times
Who gives a crap what hollywood thinks? They don't know anything better than the rest of us. Just more celebrity creds than they deserve. Especially this one and Streisand. Yuck.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:17 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,945,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Who gives a crap what hollywood thinks? They don't know anything better than the rest of us. Just more celebrity creds than they deserve. Especially this one and Streisand. Yuck.
I'm not an Oprah fan, but I don't blame her for not interviewing "PIG" Palin. She definately doesn't represent the forward thinking woman that wants to shatter the GLASS CEILING!

Old 09-10-2008, 01:18 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,414,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
..."PIG" Palin...
Hurts, doesn't it? [hug]

Old 09-10-2008, 01:19 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,617,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
He's not voting for Pigbull Palin
That is so funny

Damon repeated all the concerns with Palin [good summary but nothing new because Palin refuses to speak with the press - I wonder why? This only damages McCain's credibility as Palin repeats her same speech as every campaign stop. Why doesn't Palin respond to serious allegations?

Old 09-10-2008, 01:20 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,785,953 times
Technically, nobody should really "care" what he thinks. But, I happen to agree with him. Of course, who really cares what I think? I just hope more than half of America agrees with us come election time ... for, in my opinion, having Palin in office could easily lead to the downfall of America. Of course, again, who cares what I think - make your own decisions. Doesn't mean people cannot express their opinions, however.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:57 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,123,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
That is so funny

Damon repeated all the concerns with Palin [good summary but nothing new because Palin refuses to speak with the press - I wonder why? This only damages McCain's credibility as Palin repeats her same speech as every campaign stop. Why doesn't Palin respond to serious allegations?
Why hasn't Obama respond to questions about his relationship with terrorist William Ayers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections