Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does ANYONE think Sarah Palin is being treated fairly, specially on her Christian faith, family, per
No! The media's attack on Palin's personal life has been insane. 48 57.14%
Yes! Attacks on faith, family, appearance, and non-issues are totally fine. 25 29.76%
I am not sure / don't know. 0 0%
Other. 11 13.10%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 04:19 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,635,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
The 'kids' you are talking about are a now deployed soldier and a soon to be mother. I don't think the baby or other kids have been discussed at all. And what's been said of the older two?? That the girl is pregnant without being married... your party has no problem discussing unwed pregnancy as a scourge and consequence of liberalism.
Not my party.....but it was your party and its members who were discussing in great detail the possibility palin was passing her grandson off as her son. If it her daughter wasnt pregnant now, those rumors would still be going on. Do you defend that? Was that reasonable? Fair?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 04:20 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Not a right winger, unless you consider someone who finds the sliming of teenagers to be repugnant?
In anycase, nope I do not listen to limbaugh, o'reilly or the rest of that 'bunch'. Not faithfully and not at all.

But, can you show me where the anyone has gone after a child(ren) of obama or hillary or biden as thoroughly and as viciously as the dems went after bidens daughter and son?
I know I know...none of you neo-cons will ever admit to following those guys, but we all know all 20% of you do!

Anyway...

Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno.”

– Sen. John McCain, speaking to a Republican dinner, June 1998.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
I know I know...none of you neo-cons will ever admit to following those guys, but we all know all 20% of you do!

Anyway...

Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno.”

– Sen. John McCain, speaking to a Republican dinner, June 1998.
Bad, horrible and nasty. You will get no argument from me on that. In fact, if memory serves the public really became upset at this and rush limbaughs jab at a little girl --- and they stopped making fun of her. Again, as well they should have.
But do you really think calling bristol palin her brothers mother a 'good thing? A fair thing?

And for the record, I am a libertarian. I am for gay marraige, rethinking my stance on the legalization of marijuana and yes, I am for the better distrubution of the morning after pill
I am also a woman, a mother of girls and it pisses me off no end how so called 'enlightened' democrats who are so eager for 'change' are so willing to stoop to levels that would have rove unable to look himself in a mirror.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:25 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,313,888 times
Quote:
Not my party.....but it was your party and its members who were discussing in great detail the possibility palin was passing her grandson off as her son. If it her daughter wasnt pregnant now, those rumors would still be going on. Do you defend that? Was that reasonable? Fair?
Are you a Democrat, Independent or third party? Even discussing the possiblity of her grandson being her son (or whatever) is more about Palin than the baby. Do I defend it? No, I think we should be talking about the Patriot Act and how it's eaten away at our civil rights, the deficit, the enviroment (deforestation and water quality), illegal immigration.
Was it reasonable? Probably. Politics isn't for sissies.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:29 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,987,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
This poll is totally pointless. First you word it in a way so that the only answer is it's unfair, or it's attack to attack the woman viciousely.(

Well, yup. It's kind of like the question, "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?"

Old 09-13-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Are you a Democrat, Independent or third party? Even discussing the possiblity of her grandson being her son (or whatever) is more about Palin than the baby. Do I defend it? No, I think we should be talking about the Patriot Act and how it's eaten away at our civil rights, the deficit, the enviroment (deforestation and water quality), illegal immigration.
Was it reasonable? Probably. Politics isn't for sissies.
Politics isn't for smearing a teenage girl, either. People may think so what -- shes not my candidates daughter. But by opening that craphole of a door, you let others step on in too. I prefer to learn about the issues --- I do not want to know how old obamas daughter is when she loses her virginity.
I am a libertarian, and I will vote that way. I agree that the two main candidates need to start discussing immigration (and their flipflopping on that while at the same time giving speeches to laraza), the environment, the gas crisis, the economy -- my god we are in trouble and the last thing we should be so damned focused on is the sex life of an alaskan teenager.
Now, if you want to talk about palins religion -- and I'm sorry to offend those on the board who are evangelicals -- I do view her religion as a possible doomsday cult and that needs to be addressed. That is fair. I also think obamas relationship with a man that spanned twenty years whose views are as hatefilled as a nazi or klansman and that needs to be addressed as well. That would be fair.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:35 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,313,888 times
Quote:
Politics isn't for smearing a teenage girl, either. People may think so what -- shes not my candidates daughter. But by opening that craphole of a door, you let others step on in too. I prefer to learn about the issues --- I do not want to know how old obamas daughter is when she loses her virginity.
I am a libertarian, and I will vote that way. I agree that the two main candidates need to start discussing immigration (and their flipflopping on that while at the same time giving speeches to laraza), the environment, the gas crisis, the economy -- my god we are in trouble and the last thing we should be so damned focused on is the sex life of an alaskan teenager.
Now, if you want to talk about palins religion -- and I'm sorry to offend those on the board who are evangelicals -- I do view her religion as a possible doomsday cult and that needs to be addressed. That is fair. I also think obamas relationship with a man that spanned twenty years whose views are as hatefilled as a nazi or klansman and that needs to be addressed as well. That would be fair.
I agree with much of what you said, and congratulations for voting your conscience with Barr.
Neither of the candidates is adressing the issues that I brought up...you're right that all this fluff is just that...an obfuscation of what matters, but what no one has the stomach to take on.
We'll keep hearing about Sarah 'Barracuda' and Boxers and Briefs and all the other nonsense. The media loves that cr@p, and knows that the audience can't begin to follow someone like Ron Paul who will bore them to death with reality.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
I agree with much of what you said, and congratulations for voting your conscience with Barr.
Neither of the candidates is adressing the issues that I brought up...you're right that all this fluff is just that...an obfuscation of what matters, but what no one has the stomach to take on.
We'll keep hearing about Sarah 'Barracuda' and Boxers and Briefs and all the other nonsense. The media loves that cr@p, and knows that the audience can't begin to follow someone like Ron Paul who will bore them to death with reality.
Not religious either but....amen!

Old 09-13-2008, 04:43 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,078,570 times
Quote:
The reality is, her decision to have a 'special needs baby' was not to prove how pro life she is. She had the baby for the same reason many women continue with a pregnancy that is not perfect --- they love their child, imperfections and all. Is that so strange a concept for you?
As for her family being trashed and pulled through the mud --- what kind of photograph or video at the convention meritted that kind of treatment? Obamas girls were photographed, bidens sons were interviewed multiple times. Are they fair game now for republicans to attack their sex lives, their problems with drugs or alcohol if any? Lets think of this in terms you might find easier to understand....if obama wins and becomes a two term president his daughter (or at least the eldest one) will be a teenager in the white house. What if she gets pregnant and decides not to abort? What if she is caught with drugs or alcohol? Would you still be so hell bent that her status as a child of a politician relinqueshes all forms of privacy? That the nation has a duty to vet a teenager?
Ask Chelsea, even McCain called her ugly.

Old 09-13-2008, 05:03 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,925,638 times
Quote:
I am also a woman, a mother of girls and it pisses me off no end how so called 'enlightened' democrats who are so eager for 'change' are so willing to stoop to levels that would have rove unable to look himself in a mirror.
I agree from a moral point of view but, as the expression goes "Don't take a knife to a gunfight."

IMHO if it is really true that Obama has slipped in the polls, then it was probably because he is too polite. Then he got a little tough and mentions a common cliche like "putting lipstick on a pig" which was used by McCain when talking about Hillary Clinton, and he's "disrespectful." Maybe he was referring to Palin or maybe he wasn't. Who cares? Every time Biden says what a great guy McCain is because they're great pals, I cringe. Be good friends at home, but be tough when on the campaign trail. There's no other way to win. Unfortunate but true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections