Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 12:30 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,709,946 times

Advertisements

I didn't care for the way Gibson looked down his nose at her, he intentionally tried to make her look stupid and it did backfire on him. I will admit that O'Reilly tends to do the same thing, but at least he doesn't ask stupid questions. The "Bush Doctrine"...good grief, most people in Washington can't even agree to what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 12:50 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,086,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Bullsheit! He's a smug,smirking elitest... Just like a large portion of the posters on CD......
Ha, that must be it indeed!

Old 09-13-2008, 12:53 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,057,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I didn't care for the way Gibson looked down his nose at her (snip)
That's how Gibson looks at everyone. (But because this time it was a giiiiiiirl, it's just sooooooooooo unfair. Puke...) He looks that way because he's been a reporter and interviewer for a long, long time and his job is not to nod and smile and be polite.

It is to ask questions and get answers.

And he's seen enough bogus politicians from every camp to see right through the B.S.

I love how people are criticizing this man for being calm, down-to-earth and trying hard to get answers to questions. Isn't it soooooooooo much better when interviewers just don't, you know, try so hard? When they nod and smile at the pretty girl?

WTF...I feel sorry for America. You don't want answers, southern. You want confirmation that the nice pretty lady is going to win. That's sad. In that case, if she does, let's see how you feel in a couple of years. Probably the same as all the Pubs who shrieked, fought and bogused Bush back into the White House feel now (not even acknowledging him). Good luck...you reap what you sow, especially if you refuse to demand real answers to real questions.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:55 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,444,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Nice read. She handled the interview fine. The party of entitlments and big gov't -- with our money! is so out-of-touch with most voters they are just don't see it.

"In what respect Charlie?"

YouTube - Asked about the Bush Doctrine... Palin is clueless

Old 09-14-2008, 10:12 AM

236 posts, read 1,142,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Very presidential, I might add.
Correct! I am much more comfortable with her rising to the number one spot than Biden if need be. As a matter of fact, I think Palin is more qualified for the presidency than Obama himself, and she's not even running for president.... yet.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:33 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,833,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
"In what respect Charlie?"
What's amusing is that in hours of questioning, this is the best the left can come up with as to demonstrating their belief that she's not ready.

I'll admit that she could've come back with "what's important is the McCain Doctrine and policy as we move the country forward" or a similar type comment -- turning the question around to show a distance from Bush. Funny thing is now we're seeing that Gibson may have gotten the Bush Doctrine wrong. . . . and Palin not knowing it off the top of her head may actually play well to independents looking for distance between the Bush and McCain policies.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:03 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,468,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
ABC's Gibson grilled Palin hard, but it may backfire - UPI.com

Take from it what you may, I thought it was pretty good.
This is too funny. Grilled? Wait, you haven't seen anything yet!

Old 09-14-2008, 11:38 AM

234 posts, read 294,901 times
From Wikipedia’s references:

1. The Bush Doctrine of Pre-emptive Strikes:

The Bush Doctrine of Pre-emptive Strikes; A Global Pax Americana — Global Issues

2. The Bush Doctrine and the War with Iraq:

http://www.carlisle.army.mil/usawc/parameters/03spring/record.pdf (broken link)

3. Bush Doctrine Might Provoke 1st Strike:

Critics Say Bush Doctrine Might Provoke 1st Strike

Wikipedia also defined Charles Krauthammer as a CONSERVATIVE COMMENTATOR And a conservative commentators are very busy lately justifying the gaffs and the lies McCain / Palin or should I say Palin/ McCain ticket

Old 09-14-2008, 12:47 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,785,269 times
Biden is going to mal her during the debates; I can't wait.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:52 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,537,089 times
The thing was chopped up to make Palin look worse than she really did. Here's the complete unedited transcript: The Mark Levin Show » Gibson Interview (http://marklevinshow.com/gibson-interview/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections