Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 07:30 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,685,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliana_b View Post
I'm actually a bit worried about the debates because he is so smart and tough. I'm afraid that he will end up looking like he's trying to beat up on her simply because he's more knowledgable. I've actually thought of the possibility of her crying during the debates or in an interview. Then it's, "Oh, poor Palin. That Joe Biden is just a big meanie."
I was about to say this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 07:34 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Remember in debate you only get 90 seconds to answer ... Biden, like Obama can't make a point in 90 seconds.
Yeah. Heaven help the voters if they actually want information instead of just applause lines.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:40 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,377,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
For those of you who are on the fence, because you aren't sure if Biden was the right choice for Vice President, maybe you should watch this video to understand why Obama selected him. No ABC interviews with "deference," no smears about his personal life, just a Senator who is not afraid to speak his mind and understands foreign policy.

From March 2007 I believe.

YouTube - Joe Biden Rips GOP On Iraq War Resolution
Excellent video. Thanks for posting. Joe Biden is right. What an incredible man and very telling about Obama that he would select such a man as his VP rather than yield to the farcical whims of the crybaby Hillary supporters and pick somone not nearly as effective as Biden.

Biden is the opposite of Palin. Palin is a joke and McCain is as well.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:15 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,377,476 times
Quote:
For those of you who are on the fence, because you aren't sure if Biden was the right choice for Vice President, maybe you should watch this video to understand why Obama selected him. No ABC interviews with "deference," no smears about his personal life, just a Senator who is not afraid to speak his mind and understands foreign policy.

Kudos to Joe Biden. I keep going back to this video. Good stuff.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:24 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,888,179 times
And forgetting that he voted for the authorization LOLOL.

Lets see his other success. Ummm...violence against women 1994...created the drug czar...chairman of the international narcotics control caucus...reducing ecstacy and steroid use....and harping on that divide Iraq into three quadrant plan that everybody rejects that isn't even in our "power".

Not a single one did a single thing.

On the OTHER hand, he was VERY successful in getting the Bankruptcy Reform bill of 2005 pushed through against Americans and in favor of the Credit Card Financial Industry in Delaware. Thanks Joe for the 30% interest rate, that's very helpful.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:27 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,239,417 times
Quote:

This is a passionately delivered rant, but a rant nonetheless.

We didn't go to war with Iraq for Iraq's WMD. We went to war with Iraq because Iran is conveniently located between Iraq and Afghanistan. The U.S. can effectively "split the defense" by invading from both sides when the ground war begins. Silly Joe needs to look at a map!

Old 09-14-2008, 11:28 AM

148 posts, read 236,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Yeah. Heaven help the voters if they actually want information instead of just applause lines.
True! Don't you love how Biden has already said that he's not good at delivering "zingers," and that she'll beat him in that respect. I thought that was brilliant.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:39 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,981,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
And forgetting that he voted for the authorization LOLOL.

Lets see his other success. Ummm...violence against women 1994...created the drug czar...chairman of the international narcotics control caucus...reducing ecstacy and steroid use....and harping on that divide Iraq into three quadrant plan that everybody rejects that isn't even in our "power".

Not a single one did a single thing.

On the OTHER hand, he was VERY successful in getting the Bankruptcy Reform bill of 2005 pushed through against Americans and in favor of the Credit Card Financial Industry in Delaware. Thanks Joe for the 30% interest rate, that's very helpful.
I'm on the fence regarding who's the lesser of two evils when it comes to the Presidential Candidates, but for VP the better/more serious candidate is obvious. Obvious because Palin's political record is not just brief, but also devoid of any noteworthy successes. To harp on Biden's political record of over 30 years is seriously a joke considering his Republican counterpart. She may be pretty, a go-getter, and charismatic, but she's basically unknown outside and inside the political arena. I'd give her 4-10 more years to accumulate some real experience, wisdom, and political connections before I'd say she's remotely ready to be a VP or Presidential Candidate.

Obama's biggest potential mistake was not choosing Clinton for VP, but he did alright with Biden. Biden is an experienced foreign affairs and judiciary expert. The two balance each other out pretty well.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:52 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,860,497 times
I love Joe. I think that he is going to be a great VP. I, too, can't wait for the debates. He's going to rip Palin to shreds. He knows more about foreign policy than the three of them combined. It just shows how Obama picked someone who would be best for the job, not just the one who can make him win.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:07 PM

585 posts, read 2,222,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Instead of looking at how forcefully he is giving the speech.....did you by chance listen to the content of his speech?

If you did what is relatively stable? Also this was put over 1 year ago. Are you trying to prove how wrong he was? Seriously he was talking about how the surge won't work.
The surge is a only a temporary band-aid. Sure it dropped the violence for now but it will always be waiting, behind the curtain. Fact is, once we start removing large numbers of troops, the violence will skyrocket. Even if we withdraw 10 days from now or in 10 years, Iraq will once again fall into extreme violence. Unless of course, Iraq can install another brutal dictator like Saddam. That reality is our only hope.

Anyone who thinks that the surge is going to solve our problems in Iraq is a fool. Biden understands that and understands that Iraq needs to control it's own country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections