Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 06:14 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,815 times

Advertisements

The President really shouldnt get alot of the credit or blame for an unpredictable cyclical economy. The most impact he can have is to keep taxes low and reduce spending

McCain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 06:17 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,229,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
"The issue of economics is something that I’ve really never understood as well as I should." (McCain - Boston Globe, 12/18/07)

Since President Bush took office, "I think if you look at the overall record and millions of jobs have been created… you can make an argument that there’s been great progress economically over that period of time." (McCain - "Money & Politics," Bloomberg, 4/17/08)

"I don’t believe we’re headed into a recession. I believe the fundamentals of this economy are strong, and I believe they will remain strong." (McCain - GOP Debate, Myrtle Beach, FNC, 1/10/08)

"Even if the economy is the, quote, No. 1 issue, the real issue will remain America’s security. And if they choose to say, ‘Look, I do not need this guy because he’s not as good on home loan mortgages or whatever it is, I understand about that, I will accept that verdict. I am running because of the transcendental challenge of the 21st century, which is radical Islamic extremism." (McCain - The New York Times, 1/28/08)

Did you see the housing bubble? Did you sell your house at the peak? Or were you listening to the real estate agents in your neighborhood and your neighbors saying that housing was going to continue to shoot up?

Like I said before, we had millions of real estate "professionals", rating agencies and Wall Street geniuses saying there was no bubble. Anyone who disagreed was labeled a loser.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:20 AM

I just sold a house for market value, made a nice tidy profit on an investment property I had owned for years. Wifes got a great job and things are going really great for us

sorry about the folk who cant seem to get their shlt together

Old 09-15-2008, 06:22 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,229,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
The President really shouldnt get alot of the credit or blame for an unpredictable cyclical economy. The most impact he can have is to keep taxes low and reduce spending

McCain
Maybe I would spank Bush a little. But he relied on Greenspan to do the right thing. Greenspan had most of us fooled.

Heck Merrill had a couple of analysts who spoke up a few years back about this credit problem and they got fired. I sold out completely in Dec 2005.

This is one of the major reasons I split from the US. I saw this coming, but I had no idea it was going to be this bad.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:25 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
In Case you Missed It!! Why we need an Economy President - Wall Street Makes History
I guess that rules out obama in your mind.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:26 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,933 times
Obama's poll numbers will improve this week is my prediction. People will stop talking about lipstick and pigs and will focus their attention back on the economy, where Obama has an advantage.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:36 AM

rising taxes and sending the economy into a headlong recession. For all the bad mouthing of Bush we still arent in a recession and unemployment has been relativley low on his watch. Here again libs are throwing crap against the wall to see what will stick. While obamas plans might appeal to welfare recipients the working people of American arent going to open their wallets and skewer business to give them even more

Old 09-15-2008, 06:38 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Quote:
I just sold a house for market value, made a nice tidy profit on an investment property I had owned for years. Wifes got a great job and things are going really great for us

sorry about the folk who cant seem to get their shlt together
Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Yeah, right. RE is dead, nothing's really moving. You just got tired of people saying "shove it" when talking about your "investment" property.

Now, I did get rich over the past few years, but it was solely through schadenfraude. I bet against the US and won big time. Lehman's collapse has padded by retirement fund quite a bit. Take that in your pipe and smoke it.

Those who talk the loudest on the internets have the least to say.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:39 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Quote:
rising taxes and sending the economy into a headlong recession. For all the bad mouthing of Bush we still arent in a recession and unemployment has been relativley low on his watch. Here again libs are throwing crap against the wall to see what will stick. While obamas plans might appeal to welfare recipients the working people of American arent going to open their wallets and skewer business to give them even more
No wonder you're broke. You believe the GDP and unemployment numbers.

People a lot more successful and wealthier than you have said we're in a recession for many months. Goes to show.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:45 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,948,545 times
Remember this comment?
YouTube - McCain: "I don't believe we're headed into a recession."

Please compare McCain's comments to what Obama has been saying during his entire campaign.

YouTube - Obama: Recession started 7 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections