Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2008, 12:35 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,529,163 times

Advertisements

The simplest reason why I say that? She has been ultra, ultra controversial and divisive and I cannot recall anything this at best, newsworthy and controversial, even if it's mostly bad and at worst, nutty and one who is bringing out hate in a lot of people. Yea, I see the raves and all that from the right or McCain supporters, however, do you see the hate on the side of the Repugs for Biden (or Edwards back in 2004)? Whoever the Dems would have chosen for prez, would have gotten hate from the right/GOP, just because, but that is not what I'm addressing here. I'm talking about the VP pick.
Come on, you mean to tell me that McCain could not have chosen Elizabeth Dole, either of the two Maine senators (I honestly cannot come up with other GOP women besides that), or an Hispanic like the Senator from FL or Michael Steele or JC Watts if he wanted to aim for a minority group?
This is scary and sickening to think that this woman could be 1st in line for the most powerful office in world, with her hateful, condensending ways (don't give me the Michelle Obama crap, she won't be in an official government office).
If the Republicans got elected in Nov, I still would have been very disappointed, but not almost hateful, since I have had enough of hating this current adminstration. Palin just made this ticket something that would make proably 99% of those who are for Obama, feel sick, sick beyond sick, if elected, I was hoping against that big time.

Last edited by beenhereandthere; 09-15-2008 at 12:37 AM.. Reason: more words
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections