Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 02:01 PM

493 posts, read 717,565 times

Advertisements

I have become very disappointed at the tone of this election and the fact of the matter is that there are deep issues that is driving it. Issues that America doesn't want to face up to.

I mean it has gotten so bad that Karl Rove has admitted to it, and he is the king of swift voting politics. I mean I thought that we were moving towards something better, but the nasty and dishonest attacks are so disappointing, borderline embarrassing!

There are such deep divisions in America right now, and it is very disheartening. If we don't come together we will never make any more progress!

The video below shows our course and hopefully can invoke the American people to THINK and THINK HARD about WHO WE ARE and what choice we have as far as making progress and bringing real change! We are a great people, but you wouldn't know it these days.

It is time to unite NOW!
YouTube - YES WE CAN Barack Obama Change Sequenced Images
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 02:04 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,718,851 times
And liberals think those wild evangelical Christians are weird and crazy... I want to see the worshippers who come up these videos... Not to mention anyone who watches that video and it actuallly changes their outlook on things is an idiot... literally. I hate montages with inspirational music!

Old 09-15-2008, 02:12 PM

973 posts, read 2,229,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik View Post
I mean it has gotten so bad that Karl Rove has admitted to it, and he is the king of swift voting politics. I mean I thought that we were moving towards something better, but the nasty and dishonest attacks are so disappointing, borderline embarrassing!
Swift Boat - not swift vote! Please don't bring political babble on here when you're not aware of the statements you make. Don't fall into the trap that Obama is above the political attacks - he's been doing it just as long as McCain.

Nasty and dishonest - like Obama starting the "out of touch" argument by quoting McCain as saying upper class starts when you make $5 million a year at the DNC speech. At the Saddleback forum with the candidates on Aug. 16th, McCain said that as a joke and the very next sentence he said that line will probably be taken totally out of context. Sure enough, even after McCain and the entire audience knew it as a joke, Obama uses that line against him at the DNC before any of these attacks by either party started. Sure, you keep thinking it's only McCain doing the attacks..

Old 09-15-2008, 02:12 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
wrong forum... and it's swiftboating, not swift voting...

Old 09-15-2008, 02:19 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
wrong forum... and it's swiftboating, not swift voting...
Actually, it's fiunctional illiteracy masquerading as political sagacity.

Some people must feel that in the land of the constipated, the half-assed man is king.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:22 PM

and it's people like you who pick at the little things rather than look the bigger picture and bigger message!

Every great leader has had to fight through negative ideas like I see some of you here have, including Jesus!

Senator Obama will prevail, I have the hope and more enlightened mind set to look beyond words into the message...

Have a nice day

Old 09-15-2008, 02:23 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
I have become very disappointed at the tone of this election and the fact of the matter is that there are deep issues that is driving it. Issues that America doesn't want to face up to.

There are such deep divisions in America right now, and it is very disheartening. If we don't come together we will never make any more progress!

The video below shows our course and hopefully can invoke the American people to THINK and THINK HARD about WHO WE ARE and what choice we have as far as making progress and bringing real change! We are a great people, but you wouldn't know it these days.

It is time to unite NOW!
YouTube - YES WE CAN Barack Obama Change Sequenced Images

I had some positive feelings about what you wrote until I got to the end and realized it was just more Obama hype.

The man is not some magical cure for all that ails us.

BOTH parties have caused, and will continue to cause great strife while not fixing any of our problems. To put so much blind faith into the Obama campaign (or McCain's for that matter) is nothing other than false hope.

The two party system is NOT going to solve the critical issues we are facing.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I had some positive feelings about what you wrote until I got to the end and realized it was just more Obama hype.

The man is not some magical cure for all that ails us.

BOTH parties have caused, and will continue to cause great strife while not fixing any of our problems. To put so much blind faith into the Obama campaign (or McCain's for that matter) is nothing other than false hope.

The two party system is NOT going to solve the critical issues we are facing.
But it isn't false hope. Look at all that we have been through, at least Senator Obama has a VISION for us. He wants to cut taxes for 95% of the people, give affordable health care for all who need it. He has his HEART in the right place for one, and he has a vision. I don't know, I have faith in him.

I was a Hillary supporter, but as I got to know more about him and what he wants for us, he is where this country is going. Even when I look at the diverse crowd at the DNC compared to the Republican crowd, I mean the DNC crowd looked more like todays America in my opinion.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:31 PM

973 posts, read 2,229,806 times
Quote:
and it's people like you who pick at the little things rather than look the bigger picture and bigger message!

Every great leader has had to fight through negative ideas like I see some of you here have, including Jesus!

Senator Obama will prevail, I have the hope and more enlightened mind set to look beyond words into the message...

Have a nice day
Another one putting Obama up there with Jesus. That says enough.

I didn't pick at the little things - I told you straight that Obama's been attacking McCain from the beginning. He's been acting like the soccer player who commits a red card by kicking another player in the groin, then looks around with his palms to the sky like he wasn't anywhere near the play. The fact that the media is backing this attitude makes dreamers like you think it's true. Read between the lines for a change. Read both sides of the story. There's more going on than the one side MSNBC / New York Times shows you.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:35 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
But it isn't false hope. Look at all that we have been through, at least Senator Obama has a VISION for us. He wants to cut taxes for 95% of the people, give affordable health care for all who need it. He has his HEART in the right place for one, and he has a vision. I don't know, I have faith in him.

I was a Hillary supporter, but as I got to know more about him and what he wants for us, he is where this country is going. Even when I look at the diverse crowd at the DNC compared to the Republican crowd, I mean the DNC crowd looked more like todays America in my opinion.
Sorry, I just cant get behind "vision and heart"

These guys (Obama and McCain) really are not that drastically different in terms of being able to improve our current situation. Neither one is focused on the major things that need to be addressed, and all they do is bicker about garbage.

Neither of them has a legitimate response to address our foreign policy, privacy issues, national debt, or the federal reserve. These 4 items are at the core of what is causing most of (if not all) our problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections