Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 10:16 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,899,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
Why is she not doing them now? Everyone else is?
Because Republicans have somehow deemed it sexist to treat her the same as the men. She should be giving time to prepare for every question and not asked any hard questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 10:17 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Don't get your knickers in a twist. She'll be out there doing interviews, townhalls, and pressers - all to be determined by the McCain campaign.

I do sense the press starting it's whining campaign and soon that will become like a bullhorn.

Lou Dobbs asked Candy Crowley tonight when was the last time Obama had a press conference - 4 days ago and he took FOUR questions, before that a few weeks ago. So, it's not like the obama campaign is actually accessible.

Lou was complaining that BOTH campaigns should not be allowed to get away with throwing the press off to the side. He was very upset that the press is not demanding access from both candidates. If the Gibson interview and subsequent editing job by ABC is any indication of who will receive the short end of the stick from the media, I don't blame McCain one bit for limiting the press.
There is only 7 weeks left. She needs to get her a$$ in gear. Is Mccain going to hold the mic for her. How do you think she will edit that speech to fit in with most questions asked?

Old 09-15-2008, 10:18 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,553,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
Because Republicans have somehow deemed it sexist to treat her the same as the men. She should be giving time to prepare for every question and not asked any hard questions.
Wow...fantastic presidential material right there for you... My gawd. I hope Biden shears her at this debate coming up..I hope he sends her into a panic because she can't *remember* the right answer...

Old 09-15-2008, 10:21 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post
PS - it ain't just the press that our Ms Palin ain't taking no questions from...

Remember that bi-partisan legislative investigation about that there trooper scandal that Gov. Palin swore that she was looking forward to cooperating with? Well not Our Ms. Palin she ain't. Turned them down flat.
That would be "Mrs. Palin."

Old 09-15-2008, 10:22 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic_light View Post
She can't be trusted! Even if she took questions, all her answers would be lies.
So? We made it through the '90s, didn't we?

Old 09-15-2008, 10:24 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Don't get your knickers in a twist. She'll be out there doing interviews, townhalls, and pressers - all to be determined by the McCain campaign.

I do sense the press starting it's whining campaign and soon that will become like a bullhorn.

Lou Dobbs asked Candy Crowley tonight when was the last time Obama had a press conference - 4 days ago and he took FOUR questions, before that a few weeks ago. So, it's not like the obama campaign is actually accessible.

Lou was complaining that BOTH campaigns should not be allowed to get away with throwing the press off to the side. He was very upset that the press is not demanding access from both candidates. If the Gibson interview and subsequent editing job by ABC is any indication of who will receive the short end of the stick from the media, I don't blame McCain one bit for limiting the press.

"""all to be determined by the McCain campaign."""

Now wait a minute....seems like SOME repubs were screaming that Obama wouldn't jump when McCain said he wanted townhall meetings with Obama.

IS McCain the ruler of when any candidate speaks or doesn't? Why is that?

So I guess it's only right that the Obama campaign determines when OBAMA appears or speaks...?????

Old 09-15-2008, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
Wow...fantastic presidential material right there for you... My gawd. I hope Biden shears her at this debate coming up..I hope he sends her into a panic because she can't *remember* the right answer...
Check her hairdo...if it covers her ears she won't have too much trouble

On second thought...she'll have lotsa trouble...she is an airhead.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:33 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Another McCain supporter, dodging the point. "Ms." is just as good, unless she's a reactionary Phyllys-Schlafly type.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:36 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
McCain called Fey's version of Palin "Sexist."

Yes, you read that right, Tina Fey's impersonation of Palin is sexist.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Says who?

Ms. is the correct form of address...unless you need women labeled like cattle according to their availability....don't be so old-fashioned!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections