Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 04:24 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,468,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Look around, the majority of people who are losing their homes for a reason.

It is called either lazy ( get a new jobs or two ) or they were a financial disaster and got themselves in hock with credit cards etc.

Not many are losing their homes for good reasons. Those who want to honor their contract will take on extra jobs or find ways to make their payment.

Other will want us to bail their lazy butts out.

No excuse for anyone who is health to lose their homes, no excuse at all.
If I had to I would work 24 hours a day to keep my house I would.
But I didnt do like many others and charge up credit cards out the wazoo.

There are people who are responsible and there are people who are not.

The ones who are not want the ones who are to feed and house them.

NO MORE democratic handouts.

This is your opinion, right?

The fact that people have lost jobs because of the housing slump or energy issues couldn't have anything to do with anyone not being able to pay their mortgage.

I'm glad things are going well in your household, I hope you don't have to face a financial crisis of your own. Someone might call you lazy or stupid.

As for handouts, I totally agree, but how bout we include all of our Washington scum bags. After all, handouts from either team have the same results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 04:38 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,926 times
Quote:
Grove Parc has become a symbol for some in Chicago of the broader failures of giving public subsidies to private companies to build and manage affordable housing - an approach strongly backed by Obama as the best replacement for public housing.
Anyone here abouts remember Cabrini Green or the Robert Taylor Homes? You can build affordable housing but if the underlying economy can't support the people who live in them... what do expect to happen? Not that Chicago is unlike any other urban area that has gone long neglected due to push to do away with the old boogey man "social spending."

Of course when you fight for reductions in spending for cops on the street (see Bush), real meaningful drug and gun policies, real job training or providing real jobs for those figure out a way to get trained, what in the hell do you expect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections