Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:25 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
He doesn't identify himself as "the black candidate". I have never heard him use that term.
Exactly, he is post racial, just as Hillary tried to be post gender for a long time. too many hang ups on race and gender, missing the point that Republicans have led us into war, economic ruin, debt, massive foreclosures, fuel disasters, education failures, rising unemployment, a shrinking middle class, and oh yeah, now the Pakistani's are gonna shoot us!! Thanks Republicans, but no thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 09:26 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
He doesn't identify himself as "the black candidate". I have never heard him use that term.
Uh, hello, has he ever called himself a "white man"? He calls himself a "black man."

Old 09-17-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Exactly, he is post racial, just as Hillary tried to be post gender for a long time. too many hang ups on race and gender, missing the point that Republicans have led us into war, economic ruin, debt, massive foreclosures, fuel disasters, education failures, rising unemployment, a shrinking middle class, and oh yeah, now the Pakistani's are gonna shoot us!! Thanks Republicans, but no thanks!
Why are you lecturing US when it's an asshat from your side who calls Sarah Palin a "floozie" in every one of his posts? But I guess that's acceptable because it's one of your gang, right?

Bloody hypocrites.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:29 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
She is a religious nutcase. That is what is wrong with her. Most of them think that if a woman gets raped she must have "asked for it" and that is the attitude they govern with.
It would be nice if Katie Couric had the guts to ask Palin about this. I just don't get it.

[URL="http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2008_09/014669.php"]The Washington Monthly[/URL]

I have often heard him discuss being of mixed heritage. Since he was raised in a white home, went to a racially diverse school in HI, I would think he is more inclined to consider himself a human American than a specific race. He is a candidate whose skin is brown, that is it for me.

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
http://media.adn.com/smedia/2008/09/11/11/AG_letter.source.prod_affiliate.7.pdf (broken link)

House Democrats AKDEMOCRATS.ORG

If it isn't obvious by now...

What's up with Ayers and the get rich crew?

Old 09-17-2008, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Why are you lecturing US when it's an asshat from your side who calls Sarah Palin a "floozie" in every one of his posts? But I guess that's acceptable because it's one of your gang, right?

Bloody hypocrites.
Somebody calling someone a bad name is a bit tamer than taking 300000000 people to the brink of disaster. Last I looked, this fabulous Bush economy had the Asian markets falling tonight. Sorry, Kev, although you might feel better, it is offending some of the Republican supportes to hear their candidate called a Floozie. Just remember the next time Hillary is called a Feminazi to rise up with the same vigor.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Somebody calling someone a bad name is a bit tamer than taking 300000000 people to the brink of disaster. Last I looked, this fabulous Bush economy had the Asian markets falling tonight. Sorry, Kev, although you might feel better, it is offending some of the Republican supportes to hear their candidate called a Floozie. Just remember the next time Hillary is called a Feminazi to rise up with the same vigor.
Why are you coddling this misogynist? As I recall, he called Hillary vile names, too, so he clearly has a problem with women.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:37 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
The Floozie said that she thought Obama would regret not picking Hillary. I think McCain might regret not picking Lieberman

Old 09-17-2008, 09:38 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
It is not my fault. It is McCain's fault. He picked The Floozie- not me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections