Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2008, 08:42 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,852,080 times

Advertisements

This is the same group who wants the phone company and other web providers to PROVIDE ALL OF YOUR information to the FBI, Homeland Security and (probably) the RNC.

I guess it's just a matter of whose mail is being read.

The usual R statement about privacy is; if you're not doing anything wrong, why should you care?, or their other rejoinder; what do you have to hide?

Why is she p***ed off about this? It's just the privatization of "necessary" security precautions. Kind of "private market" initiative. Usually Republicans are big proponents of both concepts.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 08:46 AM

351 posts, read 487,389 times
Excellent point.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:59 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,342,700 times
To begin with it was hacked by an individual who has nothing to do with law enforcement .

I for one am against gvmt doing it and a sorry idiot doing it who will wind up in jail.

Don't forget Obama like Pelosi,etc voted to give immunity for illegal listening/recording so wouldn't say it's a Rep "thing" .

Thus don't act like Dem's have higher ground when it comes to this or much of anything.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:00 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,741,511 times
Oh phooey, nobody cared about the passport breaches, why should they care about a yahoo email account????

Old 09-19-2008, 09:03 AM

3,953 posts, read 5,093,248 times
Default Unconstitutional

I had a similar feeling when the telecom companies were granted immunity from law suits for cooperating with the Government’s domestic spying program. If they did nothing illegal why would they need immunity?

Old 09-19-2008, 10:39 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,734,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
I had a similar feeling when the telecom companies were granted immunity from law suits for cooperating with the Government’s domestic spying program. If they did nothing illegal why would they need immunity?
It wasn't criminal immunity they were granted but immunity from lawsuits by the trial bar and leftist wackos like yourself.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:18 AM

Default Remember Judge Robert Bork?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
It wasn't criminal immunity they were granted but immunity from lawsuits by the trial bar and leftist wackos like yourself.
Leftist Wacko, that’s hilarious! I’m a moderate but I guess your attitude is, if you’re not with me your against me. That’s just so small minded and paranoid.

The fact of the matter is that the telecommunications companies were arguably helping the Government invade American citizen’s privacy. A lawsuit would help flesh out the facts and determine if the Bill of Rights had been compromised. Also, if the accusers lost they could then be counter sued to recover court cost.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:25 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,668,752 times
The better question is - WHY IS OFFICIAL BUSINESS BEING CONDUCTED OVER A YAHOO! ACCOUNT??!!!!

Old 09-19-2008, 11:28 AM

714 posts, read 1,539,934 times
The early post said it. It wasn't law enforcement and it was posted all over the internet for the world to see. I'm all for wire tapping and whatever else might help keep this land safe, but not breaking privacy for fun, or any other agenda.

And of course all say it...if you don't have anything to hide, what does is matter? True....

Homeland security and the FBI can have all my information they want about the web and my phone, wouldn't bother me a bit.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:30 AM

Default incompetence

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
The better question is - WHY IS OFFICIAL BUSINESS BEING CONDUCTED OVER A YAHOO! ACCOUNT??!!!!
I guess the classic answer applies, incompetence or to hide illicit activity. My understanding is that the e-mails show no evidence of wrong doing so the answer is clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections