Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 09:46 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Since we have been used to a President who speaks and does not think, it will be refreshing to see someone who uses his time to wisely prepare for a debate. The American people should be treated with the respect shown in careful and complete preparation.
It doesn't matter how long he deliberates before speaking, he doesn't have an opinion that sticks longer than a few seconds. I witnessed him first hand in his first political job, you know, the one he did for longer than 143 days? He must have been waiting for divine inspiration since he rarely took a stand on any issue. Voting present...cheap way out. He didn't want to have a voting record that might come back to bite him in the ass later. It also earned him little respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 09:48 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
I agree, all candidates do practice. I understand that Biden has been using Michigan's Jennifer Granholm as his stand-in for Sarah Palin. As a person from Illinois who has witnessed Obama speaking in the Illinois legislature and attempting to answer questions "off the cuff", I can tell you that he will definitely need to practice. I was hoping that he would have agreed to the town hall format, but he did not. It would have exposed his weakness, he is sorely lacking in the ability to think on his feet. He is, however, the master of not really having an opinion on most issues and the vocal pause....uhhh....uhhh...uhhh.
It's just like 2000 and Gore's "sighs." You wingers will grab anything insubstantial to distract. Don't you get tired of those silly games?

We'll all be here on Friday night, after the debates. I predict that almost all the pundits will declare Obama's victory. The respectable right-wing pundits will be saying how it wasn't that bad for McCain. The ones on Fox News will be trumpeting McCain for all they are worth, ala Hannity.

Then the insanity here will continue.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:03 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
It's just like 2000 and Gore's "sighs." You wingers will grab anything insubstantial to distract. Don't you get tired of those silly games?

We'll all be here on Friday night, after the debates. I predict that almost all the pundits will declare Obama's victory. The respectable right-wing pundits will be saying how it wasn't that bad for McCain. The ones on Fox News will be trumpeting McCain for all they are worth, ala Hannity.

Then the insanity here will continue.

You must be kidding, a silly game, I don't think so. If you are really looking for sustance, then Obama cannot be your candidate. If you were well versed on him, you would know that he really has nothing to run on. He was a senator of no consequence in the Illinois legislature, he did nothing in the 143 days he actually showed up to represent the people of Illinois in the Senate. The Democrats pulled him out to try and attract new/younger voters in the 2004 election and he was "such a great speaker", that's pretty much what has gotten him to where he is today. A good speaker, and he kinda even sucks at that lately. ("Bring my teleprompter to the Colorado rodeo.")
Of course the MSM will declare Obama a winner, haven't you heard, they are already saying he won the debate...oh yeah, it hasn't taken place yet.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:05 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,245,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What a dumb thread.
I'd say the dumbest ever, 'cept I've seen some really dumb threads around here . . .

Old 09-22-2008, 02:05 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,463,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABBI JOE View Post
Think about it! Mr. Obama has to "crammm" for three days to look good in front of America during the debates.

Now tell me something- Is three days of cramin' gonna due true justice to the fact that except for those three days of craming he is clueless- At least in comparison to Mr. Mccain.

Perhaps Sara Palin has as much foreign policy expertise as Barack Obama.

By the way- When is Barack Obama gonna reherse for the job as president- and for how long? It sure as hell takes longer then three days!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............................... .............

Old 09-22-2008, 04:27 AM

254 posts, read 329,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
I worked with him in Illinois, I have seen his shortcomings up close and personal. Of course I watched as Hillary ate him for lunch. He did the usual ahhh...ahhh...ahhh and cast his eyes down as she repeatedly questioned his record and lack of experience. She said he wasn't ready to be president as did his sidekick, Biden.
I guess thats why he won the nomination

Old 09-22-2008, 07:03 AM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Maybe that is why he went to Hollywood to get some acting lessons???
Good for him. A great many lawyers receive acting lessons, or didn't you know?

Old 09-22-2008, 07:08 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,440,951 times
Question Vitriol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABBI JOE View Post
True- but its not news worthy when "they all" practice....
Mr. Obama is a baby chicken!
Do you hate Obama because he likes baby back ribs?

Old 09-22-2008, 07:26 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,104,634 times
You would think after successfully setting expectations with Bush in 2000 and 2004 Republicans would've remembered how the game was played.

To pretend that Obama doesn't know what's going on, or can't speak without a teleprompter is about the best thing the Obama campaign could ever ask for. So please, continue spreading the gospel. Obama's an idiot!11!!!! He doesn't know anything 11!!!!!! He needs a teleprompter!1!!!!!

Old 09-22-2008, 08:41 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,741 times
This might be news if it wasn't a regular occurence. It is common practice to rehearse before debates.

Debate spin in full force as candidates rehearse / Trailing Bush in polls, Kerry hopes for strong showing

Debate Tips From J.F.K. - New York Times

US election candidates prepare for presidential debates | World news | The Guardian

And oh look, from that one, McCain does it too.

McCain and Obama have been rehearsing questions and answers with members of their campaign teams while flying about the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections