Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Economy is bad, but do you think the Democrat Leaders and the Media are making it sound worse so
Yes 42 38.18%
No 66 60.00%
Not Sure 2 1.82%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 10:38 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,803,948 times

Advertisements

Let's put it this way. The economics of Main St. are still sound, but the finances of Wall St. are a mess, and if they're not cleaned up soon Main St. will die!

I said this last week, and I'll state it again. We were all VERY lucky we weren't begging for food out in the streets by dinner time on Wednesday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 10:42 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,803,948 times
I can't believe people are actually voting yes for this. Un-friggin-believable

Old 09-22-2008, 10:44 AM

34,234 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post
I can't believe people are actually voting yes for this. Un-friggin-believable

Why? Its obvious the media and Obama are sensationalizing the economy.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:44 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Absolutely they are.

I have no doubt if Obama wins, the economy will make a miraculous recovery in record time.

The media is his secret weapon and the economy is his ace in the whole.

How horrible it must be to wish for the economy to collapse just so you can get elected.
Hahahahaha.....so Obama has the black excuse and now Mccain has the economy excuse? That is an extremely feeble response.

I guess you are saying that the media is responsible for the 1 trillion in bail out money? It's the media's fault that companies are going bankrupt or have to be taken over or bailed out due to terrible business practices and a terrible administration (the whole lot of them) over the past 10 years?

Maybe Wall Street in general is conspiring against Mccain by using naked short selling and undervaluing stocks to force the market down making Obama look like a better candidate.

If that is the excuse you are making for Mccain losing then you really have some issues.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:45 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,856,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Why? Its obvious the media and Obama are sensationalizing the economy.
Sensationalizing what? Please tell us what is really going on with the economy. The world wants to know.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:45 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,989,754 times
It IS bad. This is no media stunt for political gain. This is not just an American problem either. Try reading what's going on in other countries- if you can. I pay attention to the Irish news (I've got family there) and they're in the middle of a housing bust also, unemployment has skyrocketed and people there are struggling financially. Everyone is scared to death of losing their jobs. If you think that this is not a real problem, then you live in an ill informed little bubble of your own. People need to realize that when the US catches a cold, then the rest of the world catches pneumonia. So please, spare me the ignorance that the "liberal media" is making a big deal out of nothing.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:46 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post
Let's put it this way. The economics of Main St. are still sound, but the finances of Wall St. are a mess, and if they're not cleaned up soon Main St. will die!

I said this last week, and I'll state it again. We were all VERY lucky we weren't begging for food out in the streets by dinner time on Wednesday.
We were one bankruptcy away from this coming true. AIG folds and we are all screwed (not that we aren;t anyways with Obama and Mccain as our choices). We are still not in the clear yet though.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:49 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,856,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
It IS bad. This is no media stunt for political gain. This is not just an American problem either. Try reading what's going on in other countries- if you can. I pay attention to the Irish news (I've got family there) and they're in the middle of a housing bust also, unemployment has skyrocketed and people there are struggling financially. Everyone is scared to death of losing their jobs. If you think that this is not a real problem, then you live in an ill informed little bubble of your own. People need to realize that when the US catches a cold, then the rest of the world catches pneumonia. So please, spare me the ignorance that the "liberal media" is making a big deal out of nothing.
Australia and London economies are also experiencing busts (housing especially).

Mighty hangover from debt binge - Paul Sheehan - Opinion - smh.com.au

Kaboom!...and bust. The crash of 2008 - Times Online

In fact, all the countries involved in the invasion of Iraq (to some degree or another)....

Coincidence, I don't know.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:58 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Quote:
Absolutely they are.

I have no doubt if Obama wins, the economy will make a miraculous recovery in record time.

Thank you for telling us how to Vote. This should be on a bumper sticker magnet and be mandatory on all vehicles.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:23 PM

472 posts, read 872,467 times
Quote:
Absolutely they are.

The media is his secret weapon and the economy is his ace in the whole.

How horrible it must be to wish for the economy to collapse just so you can get elected.

Maybe he can find those pesky WMD's as well.

The problems concerning our economy and the politics surrounding them are beyond partisan... they are global and as one of the posters said... Wall St is a mess and it could easily make it to Main St. Is it 1929 yet no... but it's the worst since...and this is clearly not over. And certainly won't be over after the election no matter who is elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections