Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the debate continue as scheduled?
Yes. The Presidential Debates are intended to let the Citizens understand the candidates views on these types of issues 72 75.79%
No. The Senators should suspend the Debates. 23 24.21%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 05:44 AM

281 posts, read 381,029 times

Advertisements

This is a classic case of stomach butterflies. McCain is nervous as heck to debate with Obama; all that putting that financial crisis before this debate is a bunch of mumble jumble. I'm surprised he couldn't come up with one better than this one.

A president needs to be able to multitask. This is exactly the time we should be hearing from our presidential candidates. What a pitiful stall tactic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 10:53 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,414,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
... I could be wrong...
'Nuff said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
We haven't heard hide nor hair of Sen. McCain in these negotiations," said Schumer, chairman of the Senate Banking Committee. "He has not been involved except for an occasional, unhelpful statement, sort of thrown from far away, and the last thing we need in these delicate negotiations is an injection of presidential politics."
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the D's are more interested in retaking the White House than doing the right thing for America.

What the D's have done with this situation demonstrates why something like this is happening: extremists have the power in both parties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
An Official who talks to the people...
I prefer a leader who takes a step once the talking's finished... you know?... action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections