Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 08:25 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,796,574 times

Advertisements

He also said (in the same sentence) that he'd be glad to join in a statement.

"We discussed that we do agree, and I'd be glad to -- to join in a common press release or statement, but now is not the time for statements. Time is now to act," he added.
Was Obama blindsided by McCain announcement? - CNN.com

McCain is old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 08:32 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,053,820 times
No statements, no press conferences just attack ads and I am a POW.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:36 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,214,720 times
"This is not the time for statements. ... I think the American people expect more of us. And I would hope that we would respond that way," he said.

What part of this do people not agree with? No statements SHOULD be issued until the Senate discusses the options and the votes are in. Neither the campaign, nor the debate, take presidence over a national financial crisis. Both candidates are senators and have a job to do.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:40 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
What is really pathetic is that this "call to action" is so badly scripted.

Wow. A grade B movie is what this is becoming, kind of like some ruse concocted by college students that slowly begins to unravel.

Or a ponzi scheme might be a better example

Old 09-24-2008, 08:40 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,281,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
"This is not the time for statements. ... I think the American people expect more of us. And I would hope that we would respond that way," he said.

What part of this do people not agree with? No statements SHOULD be issued until the Senate discusses the options and the votes are in. Neither the campaign, nor the debate, take presidence over a national financial crisis. Both candidates are senators and have a job to do.
Yes, well, McCain hasn't been doing his job as Senator for well over a year. Hasn't even bothered to show up for work and cast a vote. He couldn't care less about statements or lack thereof. Look up "grandstanding" in your dictionary. Also: "fraud" and "liar." And I think it's hilarious that you McCain supporters are NOW saying that "no statements SHOULD be issued. . . " when just a few days ago you were all praising McCain for speaking nonsense right off the bat, in response to the crisis, and bellyaching about Obama being "indecisive" because he wanted to wait until he had all the facts.

I'm convinced that neo-cons are simply insane. Because there's no other explanaion.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:41 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,281,581 times
explanation. thank you.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:42 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
No statements, no press conferences just attack ads and I am a POW.
Hello? Maverick and Agent of Change.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:43 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,192,739 times
Quote:

Not so! One of these two gentleman will soon take the reins in dealing with this crisis.. Statements and a debate are what the American people want to separate campaign rhetoric from real decision making abilities! I believe their positions on this most major issue take precedence and are much in demand at this critical juncture..

Old 09-24-2008, 08:47 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,796,574 times
Quote:

I think McCain was for statements, until he was against them. Unfortunately his first knee-jerk statement on this issue was idiotic:

YouTube - McCain Says He Would Fire SEC Chairman

Old 09-24-2008, 08:50 PM

826 posts, read 1,625,879 times
Let me ask you a question.

An asteroid is coming towards the earth. We need all the manpower to come together to figure out how we're going to fix it and prevent it from killing us all.

Meanwhile politicians want to hold a debate to talk about this asteroid, though when we wake up the next day the asteroid will still be coming and nothing will actually be done till 2009, but we'll be dead by then.

So tell me, what good will the debates do if nothing will be fixed by them? This financial crisis will still be going on the day after the debates. The only way to fix is by doing, so McCain is doing the right thing here. Sure, we won't die from this financial crisis, but it will sever our economy and cause what could be another depression.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections