Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 10:08 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,312,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You need to watch that debate again. McCain had him so flustered - putting up his hand like a little boy, interupting McCain to try and get him to stop pounding him, especially in Iraq, Iran and Russia, the stuttering, stammering when being pinned down about his record.

McCain clearly cleaned his clock on FP/NS.

Well the point of this post was directed at people who are still able to think for themselves...Not the dozen or so neo-cons on here that would support McCain even if said he was going to bomb Canada!

And at the same time, it also wasn't geared towards the hardcore Obama supporters.

The way Obama handled himself definately made me feel more comfortable about voting for him if I were to do that (and McCain made me feel a little more nervous about voting for him if I were to do that).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 11:28 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I think CNN notion of an independent voters is suspect.
lol...I think anything CNN reports is suspect in relation to this election and politics.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:29 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
Well the point of this post was directed at people who are still able to think for themselves...Not the dozen or so neo-cons on here that would support McCain even if said he was going to bomb Canada!

And at the same time, it also wasn't geared towards the hardcore Obama supporters.

The way Obama handled himself definately made me feel more comfortable about voting for him if I were to do that (and McCain made me feel a little more nervous about voting for him if I were to do that).

What exactly is your definition of neocon as you use this word a lot.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
What exactly is your definition of neocon as you use this word a lot.
George Bush, and his cronies. And the 20%ers in this country who blindly follow him.

A typical neo-con is for a very strong interventionist foreign policy...
for corporate welfare yet dead against anything done to help people who aren't in the top 5% because it would be 'moral hazard'...
they believe in free and wide open trade for the rest of the world to help a very few in america get filthy rich while all our industry and jobs leave...
they believe in trickle-down economics, giving all the water to the very few at the top everything and let them **** it out on everybody below...
they support sending our troops into places we have no business/reason being as long as it's one of their own sending them...
they are so willing to take risks with our troops because they have never served and very rarely have anyone close to them that will ever serve...
they believe in the me me me me first ideals, i can do whatever i want screw everybody else, even though its everybody else that usually ends up paying for their stupidity...
they don't believe in diplomacy, they sadly believe america is still the supreme super power of the world and we can do whatever we want whenever we want and the rest of the world either goes along or gets run over, meanwhile they support policies that lead to strengthening the rest of the world while severly weakening us...
they claim to be strict constitutionalists yet tear it to shreds every chance they get to help their twisted views on how to do things...
they support giving billions of taxpayer dollars to "contractors" in Iraq like Blackwater, Haliburton/KBR, to steal and waste meanwhile vote down a bill giving the real soldiers any more money for healtcare, benefits, education, etc. because it is wasteful...
they provide sleazebags from Blackwater w/cover to get away w/murder in Iraq meanwhile prosecute American soldiers for murder if there is even a slightest chance that they could maybe possibly have avoided killing an iraqi (you know only gave them 3 warnings to drop the gun instead of waiting until they were actually shot at before shooting them)...

George Bush
Cheney
Dumsfeld
Wolfowitz
Rove
Limbaugh
Hannity
O'Reily
Fox News
Glen Beck
McCain
Anyone who agrees w/the job Bush has done....and a few more

Old 09-27-2008, 12:33 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Round 1 in debates goes to Obama, poll says - CNN.com
Fifty-one percent of those polled thought Obama did the better job in Friday night's debate, while 38 percent said John McCain did better.

Men were nearly evenly split between the two candidates, with 46 percent giving the win to McCain and 43 percent to Obama. But women voters tended to give Obama higher marks, with 59 percent calling him the night's winner, while just 31 percent said McCain won.

The results may be favoring Obama simply because more Democrats than Republicans tuned in to the debate. Of the debate-watchers questioned in this poll, 41 percent of the respondents identified themselves as Democrats, 27 percent as Republicans and 30 percent as independents.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:01 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Round 1 in debates goes to Obama, poll says - CNN.com
Fifty-one percent of those polled thought Obama did the better job in Friday night's debate, while 38 percent said John McCain did better.

Men were nearly evenly split between the two candidates, with 46 percent giving the win to McCain and 43 percent to Obama. But women voters tended to give Obama higher marks, with 59 percent calling him the night's winner, while just 31 percent said McCain won.

The results may be favoring Obama simply because more Democrats than Republicans tuned in to the debate. Of the debate-watchers questioned in this poll, 41 percent of the respondents identified themselves as Democrats, 27 percent as Republicans and 30 percent as independents.
That could be - at least for that particular poll.
Personally, I consider it to be a draw - which however, is in effect a win for Obama since he's already ahead in the polls. In that position a tie is just fine, it's McCain he needs a game changer.

Ken

Old 09-27-2008, 02:27 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,377,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
That could be - at least for that particular poll.
Personally, I consider it to be a draw - which however, is in effect a win for Obama since he's already ahead in the polls. In that position a tie is just fine, it's McCain he needs a game changer.

Ken

Don't worry, McCain will come up with another gimmick to try to cause a distraction/game change in a pathetic attempt to pull ahead. If another Osama tape comes out in October like it did 4 years ago, he's golden. He's probably hanging onto one right now.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:37 PM

973 posts, read 2,229,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
McCain out and out lied when he said that the US "is the greatest importer and exporter of goods" (Germany?) Perhaps he was thinking of something other than mnaufactured goods?
You're calling him a liar for speaking the truth?
World’s 10 Largest Exporters and Importers, 2005
Germany may slightly beat the US for exports, but overall import-export, US is far ahead of any other country in trade.

Get your facts straight before you call someone a liar. The numbers for imports-exports in 2007 according to the World Factbook is nearly the same ratio in 2005, so that graph is still valid.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:53 PM

973 posts, read 2,229,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
George Bush, and his cronies. And the 20%ers in this country who blindly follow him.

A typical neo-con is for a very strong interventionist foreign policy...
for corporate welfare yet dead against anything done to help people who aren't in the top 5% because it would be 'moral hazard'...
they believe in free and wide open trade for the rest of the world to help a very few in america get filthy rich while all our industry and jobs leave...
they believe in trickle-down economics, giving all the water to the very few at the top everything and let them **** it out on everybody below...
they support sending our troops into places we have no business/reason being as long as it's one of their own sending them...
they are so willing to take risks with our troops because they have never served and very rarely have anyone close to them that will ever serve...
they believe in the me me me me first ideals, i can do whatever i want screw everybody else, even though its everybody else that usually ends up paying for their stupidity...
they don't believe in diplomacy, they sadly believe america is still the supreme super power of the world and we can do whatever we want whenever we want and the rest of the world either goes along or gets run over, meanwhile they support policies that lead to strengthening the rest of the world while severly weakening us...
they claim to be strict constitutionalists yet tear it to shreds every chance they get to help their twisted views on how to do things...
they support giving billions of taxpayer dollars to "contractors" in Iraq like Blackwater, Haliburton/KBR, to steal and waste meanwhile vote down a bill giving the real soldiers any more money for healtcare, benefits, education, etc. because it is wasteful...
they provide sleazebags from Blackwater w/cover to get away w/murder in Iraq meanwhile prosecute American soldiers for murder if there is even a slightest chance that they could maybe possibly have avoided killing an iraqi (you know only gave them 3 warnings to drop the gun instead of waiting until they were actually shot at before shooting them)...

George Bush
Cheney
Dumsfeld
Wolfowitz
Rove
Limbaugh
Hannity
O'Reily
Fox News
Glen Beck
McCain
Anyone who agrees w/the job Bush has done....and a few more
Wow, you really have no idea what you're talking about when you start throwing names into the neo-con list. You're grouping everyone who's not a liberal as a neo-con. There are far more positions to take than these two. In one example, O'Reilly has been extremely critical of the Bush administration, and he's far more of a libertarian than a neo-con. McCain is definitely another who doesn't fit the "neo-con" list (although the liberals would LOVE to put him there since that's their best chance to win an election, true or not.)
I'm not going to defend people like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rove, Limbaugh, and Hannity - I can't stand them. There are a lot more people that than list that have screwed our country.. so don't forget to add in names like Barney Frank, Kennedy, Pelosi, Reid.. both parties got us to where we're at today.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfjtm View Post
Wow, you really have no idea what you're talking about when you start throwing names into the neo-con list. You're grouping everyone who's not a liberal as a neo-con. There are far more positions to take than these two. In one example, O'Reilly has been extremely critical of the Bush administration, and he's far more of a libertarian than a neo-con. McCain is definitely another who doesn't fit the "neo-con" list (although the liberals would LOVE to put him there since that's their best chance to win an election, true or not.)
I'm not going to defend people like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rove, Limbaugh, and Hannity - I can't stand them. There are a lot more people that than list that have screwed our country.. so don't forget to add in names like Barney Frank, Kennedy, Pelosi, Reid.. both parties got us to where we're at today.
Ahhh no idea what I'm talking about, 2 out of 11 you can argue aren't neo-con...LOL!

I'll give you O'Reily, I thought twice about putting him in there. He's just an obnoxious a$$ making money off the right-wing talk-radiot crowd. I think if the liberals were the big talk-radiot crowd, O'Reily would be on the left of everything. He's just an opportunist and moron.

McCain...the McCain that ran against Bush, wasn't a neo-con, even the McCain of long ago wasn't a neo-con. But he is now...It's too bad, if he was really the maverick he thinks he is then he would have a lot more credibility now, but he realized what a loser he was and joined almost in lockstep w/the neo-cons, and his claim to fame now is he supported the surge...His foreign policy is very much a neo-cons wet dream, and his economic ideas are very neo-con and actually crafted by neo-cons. Once again you have to feel for him because i don't think he really even understands any of it, but much like during the primarys democrats always have to make the extreme left happy, McCain has gotten suckered into trying to make the 20%ers happy...So he is definately playing a neo-con.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections