Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 11:28 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,529,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
He hates them but he sure helped them a lot too.
I don't understand, are you takling about Wright or McCain?
I know there are whites that do go to Wrights church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 11:31 AM

550 posts, read 1,234,845 times
John McPalin wasn't a war hero, he's was a POW. He gave up info and placed other Americans at risk. Therefore, he deserved to be tortured.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:38 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcanaduh View Post
John McPalin wasn't a war hero, he's was a POW. He gave up info and placed other Americans at risk. Therefore, he deserved to be tortured.
ouch, I hate McCain, and Loath bush, but as a war vet, I don't like the comment very much. Im very offended. NO American should ever be tortured. Are you a green Barret, or a Navy Seal. Who in the world could handle 5 years of abuse.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:53 AM

550 posts, read 1,234,845 times
As soon as he gave up some info they continued to torture him because they knew he was willing to talk. Had he not said anything he would've been free much sooner. McPalin is a sellout. His shelf life has expired. He opened the debate advising the world that Ted Kennedy was in the hospital when in fact Ted was released from the hospital and at home. O8ama should've nailed him hard on that point to show how uninformed and out of touch with reality McPalin truly is.

McPalin goes on and on about how he knew the Fannie and Fredie Train wreck was forthcoming, yet there is a paper trail of money leading too McPalins back door.

In 2000, he also tried to bail out a debate. He's a gambler and a loser. I'm not voting for him. Praise be to O8ama.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:00 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
I concur that this man was deeply traumatized but it is in how he copes with the trauma on a deep emotional level that we can assess whether his experience serves as an asset or a liability to him and to us in the capacity of POTUS.

Personally, my take is that he has not worked through the trauma such that it will not negatively impact his ability to lead.

He is reactive, and as such still unduly influenced by the experience.

Give me a break. He is one of the foremost figures at the head of normalizing Vietnamese and United States relations, and his former captors have endorsed him for President.

Maybe it's y'alls who need to "Move ON"

Old 09-28-2008, 12:01 PM

552 posts, read 1,073,542 times
It doesn't matter if he was using the term to refer to the people who tortured him, it's a racial slur right up there with the "N" word. One of the great things about the English language is that you don't have to use slurs or curse words to express yourself. In fact, doing so only shows your ignorance (and your limited vocabulary).

It doesn't matter that he was directing it at a select few people who did very bad things to him and his friends. He chooses to use a racial slur which he knows will offend many innocent people, which shows his prejudice.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:16 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,739,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I don't understand, are you takling about Wright or McCain?
I know there are whites that do go to Wrights church.
What? I said McCain helped the North Vietnamese as soon as he was captured I dont care what he called them.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:24 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcanaduh View Post
I'm at a lost for words, but be glad I'm......well you know......

Old 09-28-2008, 01:31 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
I have a problem with this quite frankly. Ok, he can hate all he wants, but does he have to use a racial slur? I can understand him hating his prison guards, why can't he just say.... "I will hate my prison guards for as long as I live."? Every day I dislike McCain more and more. I'm not sure what anyone sees in him. He's a bitter old man who is condecending and mean spirited. I can't wait for him to lose this election.
You never liked McCain anyway, so your thoughts about him really don't mean **** anyway. If it came time for you to do what McCain went through you'd stick your tail between your legs and cry for mommy...MOD CUT

I think the only problem you may have is you are more than likely a coward. And could not have made it one day to his five years.

Last edited by NewToCA; 09-28-2008 at 02:04 PM..

Old 09-28-2008, 07:11 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,739,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
You never liked McCain anyway, so your thoughts about him really don't mean **** anyway. If it came time for you to do what McCain went through you'd stick your tail between your legs and cry for mommy...MOD CUT

I think the only problem you may have is you are more than likely a coward. And could not have made it one day to his five years.

Heres your war hero.
Cpl. BOB DUMAS, U.S. Army (Ret.): He didn’t want nobody to check his background because a lot of the POWs that was in the camps said he was a collaborator of the enemy. He gave the enemy the information they wanted.
Dr. JAMES LUCIER, former U.S. Senate Chief of Staff: But We do know that when he was there [in the Vietnamese prison], he cooperated with the communist news services in giving interviews there, ah, not flattering to the United States.
USRY: Information shows that he made over 32 tapes of propaganda for the Vietnamese government. Certainly, you do what you need to do to stay alive. Nobody would fault anybody for that. But there comes a point in time when enough is enough.
REP: DORNAN: They made those transcriptions, and in the transcriptions, I heard a POW who heard them comin’ into his cell and said, “Oh, my God, is that Admiral McCain’s son? Is that the admiral’s son? Is that Johnny — telling us that our principal targets are schools, orphanages, hospitals, temples, churches?” That was Jane Fonda’s line. Where are those transcriptions? Believe me — they’re in the archives of the museum, the bragging military phony museum in Hanoi. McCain could not have wanted those [to] turn up in the middle of a presidential race. He knows that. I know that, and a few other people know that, and that’s why he went against Bob Dole’s legislation.
DUMAS: And he didn’t want nobody looking into his background in that camp, what went on in that camp. That stuff is still classified so nobody can see it. And he just had it classified forever, so nobody’ll ever look at it.
LUCIER: That he was given special treatment and was put in a room with two other defectors who were later given special treatment. Although I will say to his credit he refused to be repatriated as a result.
REP: DORNAN: This sounds so good at first. McCain was offered the chance to come home. They called him the “Prince.” And he could have. But nobody ever takes that one step beyond that. If John … Admiral John McCain II … “Junior” … if his son, a lieutenant senior grade, had accepted this princely status and come home in 1967 while the others would sit there for five years, what would the Navy have done, with the son of an admiral who opted to get special treatment and come home? No Navy career. No House seat. No Senate seat. It would have been the end of his career. [Edit.] And they were offering him this chance to go home in one of three groups that came home in ‘68.
SANTOLI: They were all collaborators.

Pensito Review » Vietnam POW Activists Called McCain ‘Songbird’ and ‘Manchurian Candidate’
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections