Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 08:11 AM

307 posts, read 715,727 times

Advertisements

Can a Palin supporter please explain in terms I understand what Palin said below? What was her main point? I honestly do not understand how anyone can defend that this woman knows what she is talking about. Her answer about Russia giving her foreign policy experience was the same thing. In fact EVERY interview she has given is the same thing. This was a simple question, not a complicated "gotcha" question from an interview she should have been prepared for and I do not understand any of it. How can you support this woman being a heartbeat away from the presidency?? I ask here because I have not met anyone in person who can tell me.

Katie Couric: Why isn't it better, Gov. Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle-class families who are struggling with health care, housing, gas and groceries; allow them to spend more and put more money into the economy instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in creating this mess?
Gov. Sarah Palin: That's why I say I, like every American I'm speaking with, we're ill about this position that we have been put in where it is the taxpayers looking to bail out. But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health-care reform that is needed to help shore up our economy helping the -- it's got to be all about job creation, too, shoring up our economy and putting it back on the right track. So health-care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief for Americans. And trade, we've got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive, scary thing. But one in five jobs being created in the trade sector today, we've got to look at that as more opportunity. All those things under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is a part of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 08:13 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,281,409 times
Katie, I would like to use one of my life-lines...

Old 09-30-2008, 08:14 AM

281 posts, read 381,029 times
Yea, will you explain it to me too......

Old 09-30-2008, 08:15 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,852,080 times
"And world peace"

And yet lots of people tell me; "she's just like my neighbor/neice/co-worker etc. The most frightening one is; "she's just like me".

Don't worry JLK, the only responses you'll get from the other side is; "you Dems are pi**ing in your boots".

golfgod

Old 09-30-2008, 08:18 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,480,156 times
She was speaking gibberish.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:19 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,942,317 times
She is so f*****g dumb. Nothing else to say.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:21 AM

532 posts, read 908,993 times
I agree that she is a moron, but I also think the "handlers" are doing a bad job. She's obviously been told to say some specific talking points and not to stray from that. Unfortunately, she seems to just string together random words from the different phrases she's been given regardless of the context. It would be better if she just said she didn't know. The best part of those interviews is the look on Katie's face as Sarah bumbles through the incoherent talking points.

I don't see how anyone can defend this. We need to hear from her and know what she stands for if we're expected to vote for her. It is part of running for office that you give interviews and answer questions. Its unbelievable that hasn't happened with her.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:33 AM

1,722 posts, read 2,557,496 times
It's really bad when most of what Palin actually said was used verbatim in the Fey/Poehler parody of the interview on SNL.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:37 AM

218 posts, read 547,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
Katie, I would like to use one of my life-lines...
I'd like to phone a friend......

Old 09-30-2008, 08:39 AM

218 posts, read 547,301 times
Since we are on the topic of explaining....explain me this: How does talking to a voter who screams out a question randomly as you are being followed by media any different from any other platform or interview? Why not just not answer the question or tell the voter to watch for your position during the VP debate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections