Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 09:21 PM

2,972 posts, read 8,215,943 times

Advertisements

Every sighting of Sarah Palin on TV news shows her with a huge smile on her face, even when speaking. In my honest opinion, Palin looks (on TV) that she should be wearing a tiara and sash, riding on a float in a parade of a mid-west state. (no offense to mid-west states) How are we (voters) expected to take serious a VP candidate smiling constantly?

Seriously, is she pitbull or prom queen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 09:26 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,469,061 times
Well, she's a beauty queen and I'm sure she's put a lot of work into that training.

It's hard to break old habits, and yes she does still present herself that way. From her hair to her makeup, she still has a beauty queen aura about her. Now whether that's a good thing or a bad thing depends on how you view beauty queens I guess .

Old 09-30-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
Well, she's a beauty queen and I'm sure she's put a lot of work into that training.

It's hard to break old habits, and yes she does still present herself that way. From her hair to her makeup, she still has a beauty queen aura about her. Now whether that's a good thing or a bad thing depends on how you view beauty queens I guess .
Ah, but if it's a "doggy-dog world", cutzie poodles with bows play but a minor role. "Legally Blonde" is but a Hollywood movie.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:38 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,887,160 times
I see we have some good ol' boys who are scared to death of a strong women.. Just keep your zippers up and the barracude won't hurt scared little boy parts...

Old 09-30-2008, 09:39 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Neither. She's not all that beautiful and she's not all that tough.

Really, she's a phony who has tried to "invent herself" in a few short weeks so she'll seem like a VP candidate.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:42 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,469,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I see we have some good ol' boys who are scared to death of a strong women.. Just keep your zippers up and the barracude won't hurt scared little boy parts...
I'm a woman and I have no feeling one way or the other on whether she's attractive or not beyond how she presents herself.

With the men, there's not a lot they can do other than wear a particular color tie, but for the women on the campaign, their appearance can speak volumes.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:43 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
Every sighting of Sarah Palin on TV news shows her with a huge smile on her face, even when speaking. In my honest opinion, Palin looks (on TV) that she should be wearing a tiara and sash, riding on a float in a parade of a mid-west state. (no offense to mid-west states) How are we (voters) expected to take serious a VP candidate smiling constantly?

Seriously, is she pitbull or prom queen?

either way, its ugly, we need a qualified person as VP.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Im a young female, and find her offensive. She also has very limited command the English language, a scary thought.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Ah, I wonder how many registered voters are Mr. Johnson throughout the US.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Neither. She's not all that beautiful and she's not all that tough.

Really, she's a phony who has tried to "invent herself" in a few short weeks so she'll seem like a VP candidate.
So agree-. Women can sense these things. Also that up-do thing reminds me of barbie dolls from 1979- scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections