Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 06:57 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times

Advertisements

A little note on CNN today:

Quote:
"Sarah Palin said she was not taking a jab at Joe Biden's age or lengthy stint in Washington when recently joking she had been listening to the Delaware senator's speeches since the second grade."
LOL, oh my oh my.... the only thing worse than making a joke that bombs is then trying to deny that you were trying to make a joke.

She has got to start watching Leno or Colbert and learn some basic tips. I thought this laugh had played out, but nooooooo, she's her own enemy, digging the hole deeper. God bless you, Sarah, and thanks for the laugh. You betcha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 10:07 AM

2,039 posts, read 6,323,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post

LOL, oh my oh my.... the only thing worse than making a joke that bombs is then trying to deny that you were trying to make a joke.

She has got to start watching Leno or Colbert and learn some basic tips. I thought this laugh had played out, but nooooooo, she's her own enemy, digging the hole deeper. God bless you, Sarah, and thanks for the laugh. You betcha.
The only problem I see is that she delivers her speeches well. She's an entertaining speaker. Not hard on the eyes either. I certainly hope Biden can show a more spirited personality than either McCain or Obama did in their first debate. Palin is an average Joe who definitely does not have what it takes to step in should John McCain die and that is becoming more and more obvious as the days go on. BUT - she's a great speaker and most of Americans are sheep.
But this is America and this country is known for voting for a candidates personality rather than on credentials...
As far as John's longevity goes - Just because longevity is in his family is no guarantee he will live long - his ancestors that have lived long (like his mom) have not had the physical and health challenges he has had. I bet he won't last 4 more years - at least not in a healthy enough capacity to lead.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:27 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,754 times
Default Palin's Joke

What's funny about this too, is that McCain, her running mate could have been seen on TV at the age of 2 also. maybe she just doesn't like oldfarts, or likes cracking jokes about the older than she is crowd?
Quote:

Old 10-01-2008, 12:32 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,211 times
You should not use what a candidate says against her.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:44 PM

Ever see someone tell a joke that bombs, and then they try to explain the joke... this is funnier.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:51 PM

3,517 posts, read 13,261,663 times
More fodder for Tina Fey. Easy job for Tina - she doesn't even have to write the parodies. Sarah does it for her.

And just to be clear, McCain's mother is in her feisty 90's, but his father died relatively young. To look at him, he's not taking after his mother.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:58 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,966 times
Didn't Sarah explain her statement to America? Why are Americans wasting their time on this? Sad.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Didn't Sarah explain her statement to America? Why are Americans wasting their time on this? Sad.
Because she brought it up again! It's the golden rule of comedy, so let's say it one more time:

If a joke bombs, move to to the next one. Don't try to explain it, you only make it worse. Just move on.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:13 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Because she brought it up again! It's the golden rule of comedy, so let's say it one more time:

If a joke bombs, move to to the next one. Don't try to explain it, you only make it worse. Just move on.
Yes indeed - though I don't think the joke bombed on her target audience did it?

Personally I thought it was pretty funny - and was meant highlight the fact that she's a young newcomer with fresh ideas (which it did). This is after all what attracts a lot of Obama's followers.

It can of course be taken as ageism - but Republicans are not exactly known for being sensitive or PC (something which they generally abhor) .

Ken

Old 10-01-2008, 01:27 PM

82 posts, read 258,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
BUT - she's a great speaker and most of Americans are sheep.
Some say the exact same thing about Obama - FYI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections