Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 08:12 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,233,789 times

Advertisements

From Glenn Reynolds, aka InstaPundit
Quote:
Off the record, every suspicion you have about MSM being in the tank for O is true. We have a team of 4 people going thru dumpsters in Alaska and 4 in arizona. Not a single one looking into Acorn, Ayers or Freddiemae. Editor refuses to publish anything that would jeopardize election for O, and betting you dollars to donuts same is true at NYT, others. People cheer when CNN or NBC run another Palin-mocking but raising any reasonable inquiry into obama is derided or flat out ignored. The fix is in, and its working." I asked permission to reprint without attribution and it was granted.
I wouldn't link this guy if he weren't dependable.

And follow the link in the next paragraph...
Quote:
I have a couple friends who work in newsrooms, too, and one of them tells me the newsroom is “unbelievably cavalier” about any “complaints” viewers register about their reports, what they ignore, their bias or the way the edit Republicans vs. the way the treat Dems. “Cavalier” as in the fix is in, they don’t even have to pretend to care what half the country thinks or wants.
Quote:
(Shrug) everyone sees it coming; the voters don’t seem to want to stop it.
And yeah, read the whole thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 08:15 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Oh for Christ's sake.

Don't you have some sort of convoluted flow chart ultimately linking Obama with Hurricaines Ike and Katrina, our current economic issues and a recent meteor shower that caused a poor old man in rural Alabama to have a heart attack?

Oh yeah, and he soured all the cows' milk on the Rileys' farm.

Let's drag him! If he sinks and drowns, he was innocent. (shrug) Worked 500 years ago, didn't it? And so many of us here are believers in REAL old fashioned values.

GIVE. ME. A. BREAK. Jesus H., the paranoia!

Old 09-29-2008, 08:17 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,917,429 times
my wife is a producer for ABC and they actively scan the newswire for anything that makes mccain bad or has a great headline and misleading article either way.. she doesn't know which way she will vote. she is just sick of it, lol.

the news is very liberal and why wouldnt it be? its mainly young people hoping to change the world with that 1 story. 70% of there employees are under 30, lol. they simulcast NBC out of the same building too.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:17 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,470,127 times
"Some people say"

Pfft!

Old 09-29-2008, 08:20 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Well now THIS is reassuring as far as reliability.

How do you write so much? Are you some sort of weirdo?

Maybe. At least, for my whole life people have been asking the rhetorical question, "You're not like other people, are you?" No, I'm not. I'm not actually a compulsive writer, as I can take vacations, etc., and not feel any gnawing need to be at the computer. But I'm probably not far from that, which is a good thing in my line of work. Also, with always-on Internet connections at home and office, it's easy for me to take five minutes to post a thought that occurs to me or a link to an interesting article that I run across. Usually I'm multitasking -- writing something longer, like a law review article, dealing with email, talking on the phone, etc. -- as well.

How much should I rely on what I read on InstaPundit?

No more than it deserves -- see above. First, there's very little independent factual reportage on InstaPundit, and when I'm reporting something based on my own experience that will be clear. But normally, information in posts comes from somebody else, and it shouldn't be regarded as any more reliable than the original source (e.g., The New York Times or Pravda), which will normally be linked, is in your judgment.

Source: Instapundit FAQs

Old 09-29-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh for Christ's sake.

Don't you have some sort of convoluted flow chart ultimately linking Obama with Hurricaines Ike and Katrina, our current economic issues and a recent meteor shower that caused a poor old man in rural Alabama to have a heart attack?
Yes I do. I'll have to look it up and get back to ya.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:40 PM

163 posts, read 237,508 times
Default I would be sick not "LOL"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
my wife is a producer for ABC and they actively scan the newswire for anything that makes mccain bad or has a great headline and misleading article either way.. she doesn't know which way she will vote. she is just sick of it, lol.
Dave,
if I were you with the knowledge as you have, with your wife being privy to the manipulation of the newswire as you SUGGEST, I would be throwing up, NOT laughing out loud (LOL!)

You should do some grassroots mobilization so that the truth does not get burried.....

Cheers

Old 09-29-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well now THIS is reassuring as far as reliability.

Instapundit FAQs.....
Not a prob. Thanks for the bump.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:17 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,967,597 times
Mine was pretty evenly split, made for good debates. Just a little more civil than here.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:02 AM

From my OP above...
Quote:
Off the record, every suspicion you have about MSM being in the tank for O is true.
And laughed at by some here is a follow up...

ABC News is stifling user comments that point out democrats' role in financial crisis

Quote:
...video was (as billed) devastating to democrats.

< edit >

After I posted this comment, I noticed another commenter included the same link. I went back to look at the reactions to both comments - and one at a time - they were both pulled from the comments. My original comment was time-stamped 7:42:49 PM - and as you can see below there is no remaining comment for that time. It was removed.

< edit >

And so I considered that maybe ABC News considered my statement to "edgy," or maybe they objected to the outside link. So I wrote a new, "nicer" comment, this time without a direct link.

< edit >

After having several consecutive pro-Republican comments removed, I used the same username to post a pro-Obama message. Amazingly, that message is still up after an hour-and-a-half.
The < edit >'s are to skip over explanatory detail or screenshots. The link author provides further evidence with screenshots of ABC editing the comments section.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections