Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 10:10 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,684,489 times

Advertisements

Obama’s March 6, 2007 interview with Nicholas D. Kristof of the New York Times, entitled, “Obama: Man of the World,” (Gateway Pundit) has never received the publicity it deserves.
In it, Obama talks about being a “street kid” in Jakarta, about going to a Muslim elementary school: things he writes about in his autobiographical “Dreams From My Father,” events that one page on his official campaign website denies ever took place (Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | (http://tinyurl.com/ytt5jw - broken link)), while a different page on the same Obama website reprints the relevant paragraphs from the article (Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | (http://tinyurl.com/2cz3os - broken link)); since so many other embarrassing things and people have been “disappeared” from this Obama website—like the prominent position and fulsome praise for the Revs. Jeremiah Wright and Michael Pfluger and from them to Obama--I wonder how long this New York Times article is going to be there.

In any case, in this interview Obama chants the opening lines of the Adhan, the Muslim “Call to Prayer” in Arabic, with what Kristof says is a first class accent and then, Obama goes on to volunteer that this “Call” is “One of the Prettiest Sounds On Earth At Sunset.” Here is what this “Call to Prayer” Says:

“Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
I witness that there is no god but Allah
I witness that Muhammad is his prophet… “

This opening section of the Adhan incorporates the Shahada, the Muslim confession of faith, and many Muslim scholars would say that if a person recites these lines, a person thereby becomes, for all time, a Muslim: surely something Obama knows. In fact, according to Muslims, it doesn’t matter if you recite the Shahada out of heartfelt conviction, or with a gun to your head, the effect is the same, the deed is done; remember those newsmen captured in Iraq and made to recite the Shahada as they knelt with guns to their heads (Hot Air » Blog Archive » Centanni, Wiig freed (Update: Conversion video added) (Update: A Gilad Shalit connection?) (http://tinyurl.com/6fenta - broken link))? For the Muslim world this recitation—which might as well be, and is, the deepest code for most of us “unbelievers” in the West--may be enough to tell them exactly who and what Obama is and where he stands.

Obama is not supposed to know this stuff, Obama, according to his defenders, is not supposed to have gone to any Muslim school, much less to have received sufficient training to recite the Adhan in a perfect Arabic accent and, the ease and facility with which Obama chanted the Adhan brings up many questions about just how much he does know about Islam and how thoroughly and for how long he was trained as a Muslim. His fondness for the “Call,” heard, it would seem, for just a few years when he was 8 or 9, brings up even more questions.

So, this interview is an enormous liability for Obama, particularly when coupled with his Freudian slip about “My Muslim faith” of the other day, so, the New York Times—that once was a great newspaper, the United States’ “newspaper of record"—simply removed this article from it’s website, thus, preventing, the Times hopes, the casual inquirer from ever finding it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 10:11 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,494,627 times
If elected he'll NEVER finish out his term. People remember the impeachment process.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
If elected he'll NEVER finish out his term. People remember the impeachment process.
Do not worry he will not and he can go back to his fake church in Chicago and listen to another nut all over again.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:49 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,275,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Obama’s March 6, 2007 interview with Nicholas D. Kristof of the New York Times, entitled, “Obama: Man of the World,” (Gateway Pundit) has never received the publicity it deserves.
In it, Obama talks about being a “street kid” in Jakarta, about going to a Muslim elementary school: things he writes about in his autobiographical “Dreams From My Father,” events that one page on his official campaign website denies ever took place (Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | (http://tinyurl.com/ytt5jw - broken link)), while a different page on the same Obama website reprints the relevant paragraphs from the article (Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | (http://tinyurl.com/2cz3os - broken link)); since so many other embarrassing things and people have been “disappeared” from this Obama website—like the prominent position and fulsome praise for the Revs. Jeremiah Wright and Michael Pfluger and from them to Obama--I wonder how long this New York Times article is going to be there.

In any case, in this interview Obama chants the opening lines of the Adhan, the Muslim “Call to Prayer” in Arabic, with what Kristof says is a first class accent and then, Obama goes on to volunteer that this “Call” is “One of the Prettiest Sounds On Earth At Sunset.” Here is what this “Call to Prayer” Says:

“Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
I witness that Muhammad is his prophet… “

This opening section of the Adhan incorporates the Shahada, the Muslim confession of faith, and many Muslim scholars would say that if a person recites these lines, a person thereby becomes, for all time, a Muslim: surely something Obama knows. In fact, according to Muslims, it doesn’t matter if you recite the Shahada out of heartfelt conviction, or with a gun to your head, the effect is the same, the deed is done; remember those newsmen captured in Iraq and made to recite the Shahada as they knelt with guns to their heads (Hot Air » Blog Archive » Centanni, Wiig freed (Update: Conversion video added) (Update: A Gilad Shalit connection?) (http://tinyurl.com/6fenta - broken link))? For the Muslim world this recitation—which might as well be, and is, the deepest code for most of us “unbelievers” in the West--may be enough to tell them exactly who and what Obama is and where he stands.

Obama is not supposed to know this stuff, Obama, according to his defenders, is not supposed to have gone to any Muslim school, much less to have received sufficient training to recite the Adhan in a perfect Arabic accent and, the ease and facility with which Obama chanted the Adhan brings up many questions about just how much he does know about Islam and how thoroughly and for how long he was trained as a Muslim. His fondness for the “Call,” heard, it would seem, for just a few years when he was 8 or 9, brings up even more questions.

So, this interview is an enormous liability for Obama, particularly when coupled with his Freudian slip about “My Muslim faith” of the other day, so, the New York Times—that once was a great newspaper, the United States’ “newspaper of record"—simply removed this article from it’s website, thus, preventing, the Times hopes, the casual inquirer from ever finding it.
Obama is not a Muslim, but that's a fact you're not interested in hearing. On another note: What's wrong with being a Muslim?

Old 09-25-2008, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Obama is not a Muslim, but that's a fact you're not interested in hearing. On another note: What's wrong with being a Muslim?
If he is not a muslim then we have nothing to worry about do we?

Old 09-25-2008, 10:54 PM

He is not a Muslim.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:55 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,494,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post

Other than dressing funny, when praying sounding as someone has their nads in visegrips and a propensity for spontaneous combustion.........nothing much.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Other than dressing funny, when praying sounding as someone has their nads in visegrips and a propensity for spontaneous combustion.........nothing much.
Guess you hate Jews, too, then.

Wow. The McCain base really is the very epitome of the dumbing down of America. What a crowd.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:05 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,800 times
I can say the Rosary and I'm not Catholic....I just have Catholic friends and have read and heard the Rosary many times. (And I can sing Ave Maria too.) I could serve a perfect Passover dinner and I'm not Jewish....I just have Jewish friends, have been their guest at Passover, and have read a lot about the religion. (And I can sing several Psalms too) I even know a fair amount about the Muslim and Buddhist religions and I am neither of those faiths. You'd be amazed at how many intelligent, educated people actually take the time to inform themselves about the world outside their own block and have respect for those of other faiths and ethnic groups. It doesn't change who they are or change their own faith. It is just that they think it important to have an understanding of the world and the people who live here.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:06 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,800 times
Quote:
What a truly ugly thing to say. Gee, I wonder why some Muslims don't like Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections