Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 04:36 AM

27,217 posts, read 46,787,895 times

Advertisements

It really showed....Palin and McCain both put country first!

Biden started to attack McCain from the start and thought he could win over woman by given Palin that 1 compliment, just because he was told "don't go after a woman"....nice game plan, but it didn't work for me like it didn't work for many others and if some one wants to accuse Fox News from being biased, than they should have tried to vote more than once...which didn't work.

Biden/Obama are for more years of old Washington politics and they didn't show anything new other than blaming the other side...but were was Obama when the Country needed him....."call me and I will come"!!!! Wow, that is really being there and putting the country first, I'm so glad we had a chance of again seeing Nobama for what he really is and he lost the test.

McCain/Palin!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 04:58 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,400,501 times
It's 6:30 in the morning- put the bottle down and go sleep it off- your post sounds like one of Palin's answers in the Couric interviews...........

Old 10-03-2008, 05:02 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,611,395 times
Long night?...catching up on all the Mavericks...lol

I'm sure Senator Biden messed up games at a lot of kitchen tables

He ripped off about 5 of 'em in a row...I could just see folks scrambling to open another bottle.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:07 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,080,657 times
Just because you use some descriptive phrase doesn't make it so. Just because you say "country first" and call yourself a "maverick" does not mean that this characterization then becomes the truth.

You complain that Biden started off by attacking McCain, when that is precisely what you would expect in a debate, and that Biden had a "game plan" because he was polite to Palin. What was Palin's game plan when she asked Biden if she could call him Joe?

You then go on to claim that Obama/Biden represent years in Washington and you need someone new. Since you're not American and clearly know very little about our politics, you wouldn't know that it is McCain who has served in Washington the LONGEST. Sorry if the FACTS dont back up your claims but again, just saying something does not turn it into fact.

Contrary to your conclusion, it was Obama who provided leadership on the bailout bill, giving SPECIFICS about what principles must be encompassed within the bill. He then left it to the committee who has the authority to craft the bill, and continued discussing the bill with the American public in the meantime and lobbying behind the scenes. Now could you tell me specifically what McCain did, aside from announcing some dumb lie that he was suspending his campaign and then take 24 hours to get down to Washington DC (which is just a 2 hour flight from where he was in New York taping a television interview before "rushing" back). McCain then proceeded to CONFUSE everyone on his position. McCain never offered any alternatives to the bill, nor did he offer any specifics on how it should be crafted, nor did he even tell the public whether he supported it or not (it was like pulling teeth to get him to state his position). So while I know its difficult for you to give specifics, please do tell us exactly what McCain did that put "country first", aside from just saying he did so.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:11 AM

27,217 posts, read 46,787,895 times
Obama clearly stated : call me if you need me" so much for being there!!!!

Old 10-03-2008, 05:15 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,080,657 times
And McCain said he would suspend his campaign until the bailout issue was dealt with. Has it been dealt with yet? So WHAT that people SAY something. Anyone can SAY something, its what you DO in life that counts. At least in everyone else's world except yours. I'm starting to believe this stuff about nipping at the bottle. Its surprising that it gets started so early..

Old 10-03-2008, 05:15 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,611,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Obama clearly stated : call me if you need me" so much for being there!!!!
This one statement clearly denotes a failure of understanding regarding the US Congressional system. Senator McCain just voted for a Bill will 100Billion Dolllars worth of earmarks. Is he a Maverick? "hic"

Old 10-03-2008, 05:17 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,638,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
And McCain said he would suspend his campaign until the bailout issue was dealt with. Has it been dealt with yet? ..
He's gonna wave his McWand, dontcha know! Fix it all right up, that Maverick.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:25 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,705,150 times
Palin certainly does seem to have a country first attitude. You betcha! Doggonit! Say it ain't so, Joe! Joe Six-Pack! Darnit! (wink, wink). Yep, seems purty dang country to me. Back-country, at least.

Yeehaw. //fires fake pistols// pew pew pew

Old 10-03-2008, 05:26 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,638,428 times
Long live Tina Fey!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections