Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 03:56 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times

Advertisements

Could be the whole using the lords name in vein on national TV then hearing he attended the church for 20 years. Only when it was going to give him trouble in the polls did wright go under the bus. A large portion of America is religious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 03:57 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
no prior elected office Again, totally false. 12 years elected experience so far, more than Palin, Hillary Clinton, John Edwards, and a host of other presidents in the past.

So, back to the topic... when someone uses the above myths to justify their statement of "I just don't trust Obama", you have to think something else is going on there.
No, you don't have to think something else is going on here. Sometimes an apple is just an apple.

Please list the 12 years of prior elected office. Thanks.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:59 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,247,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerpppp View Post
When Folks say " I just don't trust him" are they really just being a racist? I was listening to NPR with an interview today from a voter down south. Did any else catch this? I guess I am still a little shocked with I hear racist people talk about their viewpoint. I grew up in the midwest, lived in Minneapolis over ten years and I don't really see the sin color factor. I see people for who they are.... just a person good or bad. So, when this interview was over I had to wrap my head around the fact that I come from a generation that "see's" more than the last generation. I count my blessings not to be blinded by such crazyness. In this next election I see that Senator Obama fits the bill. I think he can deal with fixing problems with this country. Period.
Well...that's your first problem. Listening to NPR. Yeah....unbiased view point there. NOT!

Old 10-06-2008, 04:29 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerpppp View Post
When Folks say " I just don't trust him" are they really just being a racist? I was listening to NPR with an interview today from a voter down south. Did any else catch this? I guess I am still a little shocked with I hear racist people talk about their viewpoint. I grew up in the midwest, lived in Minneapolis over ten years and I don't really see the sin color factor. I see people for who they are.... just a person good or bad. So, when this interview was over I had to wrap my head around the fact that I come from a generation that "see's" more than the last generation. I count my blessings not to be blinded by such crazyness. In this next election I see that Senator Obama fits the bill. I think he can deal with fixing problems with this country. Period.
You see people for who they are, yet you concluded this guy was a racist because he was from the South and made a statement that didn't include race at all?

Old 10-06-2008, 04:33 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
They might be racist, or they might be saying they don't trust him. People generally view politicians they don't connect with as untrustworthy. His accent doesn't sound familiar, he sounds too rehearsed, he's made some negative comments about rural people. Jumping to the conclusion that a Southerner is racist is a form of prejudice, too, isn't it?
well he aint to far off with southern rurals alot of them are.....

Old 10-06-2008, 04:43 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
You see people for who they are, yet you concluded this guy was a racist because he was from the South and made a statement that didn't include race at all?
i just dont trust him, agree with him is another one of saying i wontvote for a black guy i know you seen this.

YouTube - Obama faces racism in West Virginia -- Finally the truth!!!
the chick in the video said people fromt he US should only run as president but yet he's american

she says he's muslim, but i dont agree with that...

@ 3;30 she really wants to say i dont agree with a blk president lol

4:35-woman on the right, she was the only woman who wasnt a dick head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N6ffFA_cwA&NR=1

Last edited by city414; 10-06-2008 at 05:36 PM..

Old 10-06-2008, 04:51 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
i just dont trust him, agree with him is another one of saying i wontvote for a black guy i know you seen this.

YouTube - Obama faces racism in West Virginia -- Finally the truth!!!
the chick in the video said people fromt he US should only run as president but yet he's american

she says he's muslim, but i dont agree with that...

@ 3;30 she really wants to say i dont agree with a blk president lol

4:35-woman on the right, she was the only woman who wasnt a dick head
Yes there are racists, I'm not denying that. The idea that anyone who says this is a racist is ridiculous. There are many people of many races that I do not trust and would not vote for and do not agree with. To say that if this remark would condemn me as racist if it's about a candidate who happens to be black is ridiculous. We're now to the point of condemning people as racist because other assert that something they say is code for racism? What are we supposed to say about the people we genuinely don't trust or agree with - and what if they come from the same race as the person speaking? There now has to be an different language applied to politics that has all the right code words, or lack of the wrong code words.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:36 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,159,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post

BOTH are same . Only reason going with Mccain though used to support Obama till opened my eyes is due to balance of powers in Washington.
I understand that, but since the bailout bill, I don't think either party has a lock on the majority at this point. I suspect some very prominent House members and a few Senators will lose their jobs for ignoring their constituents, again.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:38 PM

29 posts, read 56,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Well...that's your first problem. Listening to NPR. Yeah....unbiased view point there. NOT!
Well, I did hear it from the horses mouth. The voter says its the color of his skin inso many words. I value everyones view point in this thread. We all have our points of view.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:45 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,076,197 times
Most of the minorities are voting for Obama-
Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Arabs, etc.
Most of the poor middle class whites are voting for Obama.

Most people who want a handout are voting for Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections