Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 07:32 PM

1,197 posts, read 3,582,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
I think probably 95 out of 100 people who dont support Obama dont support him because "hes a dirty librul" and not because he is black.
exactly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 07:34 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
I don't like to assume that people are as dumb as their comments make them sound. Please tell me you are making a simple joke.
Ironic

"rich greedy white people"

Old 10-06-2008, 07:35 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,630,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
I think probably 95 out of 100 people who dont support Obama dont support him because "hes a dirty librul" and not because he is black.

Cha Ching!!!!....U nailed it!

Old 10-06-2008, 07:37 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Most of every subcategory is voting for Obama, except for one: rich greedy white people. McCain has a lock on them.
Well Obama has the lock on poor racist black people, so McCain had to attract some group.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:37 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,254,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerpppp View Post
When Folks say " I just don't trust him" are they really just being a racist?
I don't trust Obama ... and I don't trust McCain either. In general, I don't trust politicians but this is America and it is our right as citizens to vote. I just wish that a 3rd party candidate could have a better chance of getting elected.

I don't agree with Obama's policies and his platform. Also, I feel that since he is so young, that the choices he makes may be influenced by his career decisions down the line. There's nothing wrong with that but it is something that I question: Will he make a decision because it's good for the country or because it's good for his career? Is he willing to risk being disliked to vote on something, like raising taxes more than just the $250K+ folks, or is he going to try and please everybody?

On the other hand, McCain will probably only be a one term president. We need someone who is going to be agressive and cut the BS that goes on in Washington. I don't know if McCain is the right person for the job, but it is my judgement that McCain would be willing to risk his "popularity" for the greater good of our country. Who knows, he could be full of BS himself but that is a chance I'm willing to take with McCain.

If Obama becomes president, I'd be fine with that, too. I've come to the point where the economy is all going to sh*t now anyway. Whoever becomes the next president, he's got his work cut out for him and he's not going to be able to please everybody. No one's going to be happy because everybody's going to be suffering in some shape or form.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:38 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,495,611 times
Quote:
Most of every subcategory is voting for Obama, except for one: rich greedy white people. McCain has a lock on them.
Really? I don't fit that profile and I AM voting for him. How about uneducated poor people of color, who will they vote for? obama has a lock on them. Thanks obama for energizing your idiots, I wonder how many fools will survive?

Old 10-06-2008, 07:38 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerpppp View Post
When Folks say " I just don't trust him" are they really just being a racist? I was listening to NPR with an interview today from a voter down south. Did any else catch this? I guess I am still a little shocked with I hear racist people talk about their viewpoint. I grew up in the midwest, lived in Minneapolis over ten years and I don't really see the sin color factor. I see people for who they are.... just a person good or bad. So, when this interview was over I had to wrap my head around the fact that I come from a generation that "see's" more than the last generation. I count my blessings not to be blinded by such crazyness. In this next election I see that Senator Obama fits the bill. I think he can deal with fixing problems with this country. Period.
Unfortunately, all you can base this on is what Obama has said. He has no track record but he can talk.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:39 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,495,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Well Obama has the lock on poor racist black people, so McCain had to attract some group.

So easy to spin it back in that imbeciles face, wasn't it?

Old 10-06-2008, 08:11 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
So easy to spin it back in that imbeciles face, wasn't it?
Only if you don't think about it.

How exactly does saying that "Obama has a lock on one group, so McCain must have a lock on some other group" make any sense at all?

It doesn't. It's possible for a single candidate to have a lock on every possible subgroup.

Further, IronClad - saying that McCain has a lock on rich greedy white people doesn't mean that every rich greedy white person will vote for McCain. Nor is it saying that everyone who is not rich, greedy, and white will vote for Obama.

You sure lack an ironclad grasp of logic, don't you?

Old 10-06-2008, 08:14 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
I said that McCain had a lock on the rich, greedy, white vote. Here's your statement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Soros and Buffet are voting McCain?
Apparently, you need to have it explained to you just why this is a stupid response.

I didn't say that EVERY rich, greedy, white person was voting for McCain. Understand now?

Perhaps you can explain why my answer to you is "ironic." Do you understand that term?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Ironic

"rich greedy white people"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections