Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 02:37 PM

16 posts, read 66,392 times

Advertisements

When Folks say " I just don't trust him" are they really just being a racist? I was listening to NPR with an interview today from a voter down south. Did any else catch this? I guess I am still a little shocked with I hear racist people talk about their viewpoint. I grew up in the midwest, lived in Minneapolis over ten years and I don't really see the sin color factor. I see people for who they are.... just a person good or bad. So, when this interview was over I had to wrap my head around the fact that I come from a generation that "see's" more than the last generation. I count my blessings not to be blinded by such crazyness. In this next election I see that Senator Obama fits the bill. I think he can deal with fixing problems with this country. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 02:41 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
There are a lot of reflexive voters in this country. I live in a deeply red state - full of people who would elect Bozo the Clown if he had an 'R' after his name. We elected Bill Sali, for crying out loud. Those people often give silly reasons for opposing great Democratic candidates - like "I just don't trust him." They can't really give a good reason. It's not really racism.

However, it's hard to tell the difference.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:43 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,159,784 times
I don't trust Obama. He's gone back on too many promises he's made. FISA. Yep, he voted for it after making a huge stink. Lobbyist money, only if they aren't registered. And the bailout. He and McCain both wasted what could potentially be $1.3 trillion US taxpayer dollars on nothing. Go Obama! He's like, so different and such as.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:44 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
They might be racist, or they might be saying they don't trust him. People generally view politicians they don't connect with as untrustworthy. His accent doesn't sound familiar, he sounds too rehearsed, he's made some negative comments about rural people. Jumping to the conclusion that a Southerner is racist is a form of prejudice, too, isn't it?

Old 10-06-2008, 02:45 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,236,156 times
Here we go again, it's so hard for you Nobama supporters to believe that anyone doesn't feel this man is the right fit for this country, so anyone that doesn't worship this man as you do is automatically a racist?

It's sad how the race card is only being played by Nobama's supporters, no one else seems to be going down this road because they care about the issues, obviously you guys don't know the issues.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:45 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times
Actually, I think most people who say "I don't trust Obama" feel that way because.... they don't trust him.

There's a lot of racism out there, but there's also a lot of skepticism. A lot of people just don't trust a new guy, no matter what credentials he has. Hopefully, the next eight years will help change both of these "isms."

Old 10-06-2008, 02:46 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,479,395 times
I heard co-workers make that very same statement, however, now that their pocketbooks are getting lighter, they are beginning to feel that Obama is the only choice.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:46 PM

365 posts, read 692,522 times
Not trusting Obama has nothing to do with what color he is in my opinion. Not trusting him is because of his relations with radical's and his big pork spending record. He's lying to you and you can't tell?

Old 10-06-2008, 02:50 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,629,157 times
I am from Tennessee and I don't trust Obama, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the color of his skin! I don't trust him due to his questionable affilliations and I'll just leave it at that.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:50 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,076,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerpppp View Post
When Folks say " I just don't trust him" are they really just being a racist? I was listening to NPR with an interview today from a voter down south. Did any else catch this? I guess I am still a little shocked with I hear racist people talk about their viewpoint. I grew up in the midwest, lived in Minneapolis over ten years and I don't really see the sin color factor. I see people for who they are.... just a person good or bad. So, when this interview was over I had to wrap my head around the fact that I come from a generation that "see's" more than the last generation. I count my blessings not to be blinded by such crazyness. In this next election I see that Senator Obama fits the bill. I think he can deal with fixing problems with this country. Period.
This is not about racism.
OBAMA is a great motivational speaker. That's it.
I would love to hear Obama everyday on the radio speak about motivational things.
That's all what OBAMA is.
He is NOT qualified to be the President of the United States.
Hillary said so.
Biden said so.
Bill Clinton said so.

Palin has more executive experience than him.

What has OBAMA done for the people?
NONE but make outrageous promises that prey on people with more greed than common sense.

The people who are crazy are the ones who are blinded by greed and hailing Obama as the Messiah.

Breitbart.tv » Democrat Compares Obama to Jesus, Palin to Pontius Pilate on House Floor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections