Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 10:44 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,676,883 times

Advertisements

Sad but possibly true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 10:45 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,156 times
Whether either heard it or not really doesn't matter to me. McCain's campaign is feeding the frenzy. While it's going to get a lot worse I don't find the campaign nearly as disturbing as the people themselves. Just like the Reps that have come onto this thread and gone 'well how do you know he's not' or I didn't hear it... blah blah blah.

That, to me, is far more disturbing and telling. My concern is that if Obama becomes president he won't make it out of the White House alive. That audience and the response by some here sure doesn't assuage that fear.

The charge of him being a terrorist isn't cute, it is not just pointing out the facts as you see them or pointing out a cover up. If you think it is then you have ignored our history for the last 7 years.

There is not and never will be any comparison between a Liberal sniping at Palin's baby and the he's a terrorist charge.

/end minor rant

Old 10-06-2008, 10:47 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Heck, even ROVE has said that McCain's lies have gone too far. Now when Rove calls you out on lying, you REALLY know you have jumped the shark.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:49 PM

1,477 posts, read 4,405,871 times
Basically what we are seeing here is a very frustrated and exasperated Republican base. Lets be honest here, there are extremes on both sides and those extremes, when their back are against the wall, act like a cornered animal and lash out.

Republicans are in trouble and they know it. President Bush and his antics have really destroyed the Republican brand and ideology. We are at an inflection point people, just as there was a similar inflection point 40 years ago. The thought of the shift right finally ending has really got some of them worked up into a frenzy.

Something similar happened when Nixon was elected which ended a rather long rule of more left-wing politics in America. History is repeating itself; the pendulum swings back and forth.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:50 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,661,209 times
I agree with you Irwin, these things always do move in cycles.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:58 PM

881 posts, read 1,589,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Today, during a McCain rally, McCain asked: "Who Is Barack Obama?" Someone yelled, "Terrorist!" McCain said nothing. Then, in the next sentence, he complains about the "angry barrage of insults" from the Obama camp.

What?

At a Palin rally, one of the audience members yells, "Kill him!" Palin said nothing.

Kill him?

These people and their supporters are nothing less than a friggin' lynch mob.

In Fla., Palin Goes for the Rough Stuff as Audience Boos Obama | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

Think Progress » McCain offers no response to supporter who yells out that Obama is a ‘terrorist.’

"Tell me who you hang out with and I will tell you who you are".

Obama hangs out with:

Terrorists - William Ayers, Bernadette Dohrn
Racists - Louis Farrakhan (Million Man March - Jememiah Wright - Nation of Islam), Jeremiah Wright, Father Pflagger
Anti-American zealots: Louis Farrahkahan, Bill Ayrers, Rashid Khalidi, etc.
Convicted Slumlord criminals: Tony Rezko, etc.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:11 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
first, it was - count 'em - two people.
this is what wingnuts refer to as 'mccain/palin base'

second, it's not at all evident that either mccain or palin heard what was said.

third, from the wapo story, the 'kill em' could easily have been referring to ayers, not bammers.

Quote:
"Now it turns out, one of his earliest supporters is a man named Bill Ayers," Palin said.

"Boooo!" said the crowd.

"And, according to the New York Times, he was a domestic terrorist and part of a group that, quote, 'launched a campaign of bombings that would target the Pentagon and our U.S. Capitol,'" she continued.

"Boooo!" the crowd repeated.

"Kill him!" proposed one man in the audience.
isn't ayers on record as urging 70s era hippies to kill their parents and 'all rich people'?

and isn't his dear wife bernie dohrn also on record as gloating over the manson murders, gibbering about how kewl it was that they stuck a fork in the stomach of one of their murder victims?

Last edited by uggabugga; 10-06-2008 at 11:14 PM.. Reason: link added

Old 10-06-2008, 11:35 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,038 times
WOW,I need no more convincing that McPalin supporters are psycho!!!

Old 10-07-2008, 06:03 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,280,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post

Obama hangs out with:

Terrorists - William Ayers, Bernadette Dohrn
Racists - Louis Farrakhan (Million Man March - Jememiah Wright - Nation of Islam), Jeremiah Wright, Father Pflagger
Anti-American zealots: Louis Farrahkahan, Bill Ayrers, Rashid Khalidi, etc.
Convicted Slumlord criminals: Tony Rezko, etc.

I guess I should carry this around with me, seeing as several people don't read the whole thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair
Yes, they shouldn't call him a terrorist. Terrorist sympathizer would be more accurate.

for what reason is he a terrorist sympathizer? Because they (Obama and Ayers) lived in the same neighborhood? I live three blocks from a convicted sex offender, so does that make me some sort of pedophile sympathizer?
Is it because they served on a board together? I go to a college class everyday and speak with fellow students, but for all I know, one of them used to be a bully in middle school. Does that make me a excessive aggression sympathiser?
I've been to parties before, sometimes with very casual aquaintances, but for all I know, they stole a t-shirt from JC Penney's when they were twelve, does that make me a larceny sympathizer?

Your logic is flawed. Obama is in no way, shape, or form a terrorist sypathizer any more than you are.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:11 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Wow, the McCain supporters in this thread are so full of logic aren't they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections