Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 11:41 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,242,015 times

Advertisements

I liked how he said it, don't have any problem with it.

It's the 4th quarter of this election, and sometimes the fire gets hot, if Nobama can't handle it then he shouldn't be there. Somehow though I think what McCain said bothers Nobama's supporters more than it does him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 11:46 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,516,904 times
Don't forget the "tar baby" incident:

McCain Gets Tarred With “Tar Baby” Nonsense | Sweetness & Light

Quote:
Friday, March 16, 2007

(03-16) 12:54 PDT Cedar Falls, Iowa (AP) — Republican presidential contender John McCain on Friday used the term “tar baby,” considered by some a racial epithet, and later said he regretted it.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:52 PM

914 posts, read 2,922,753 times
Maybe Obama extended the worng hand? I think it's aBob dole thing w/McCain and he can only shake with one hand.

c'mon, people, get real! McCain is just a crusty old geezer, nothing more. Was it "ageism" when Obama refused to call him Senator in the last debate and kept refering to him as "John". I thought that was very rude, especially since McCain is older than he is, and been in the senate longer.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:21 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,035,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrprofess View Post
That is where McCain loses the warm fuzzy connecting with the voter thing. Even with that innocuous comment, many will hang onto that as rude, dismissive, or even worse some will cry racism (I don't agree).
The panel of independents on NBC commented on that statement and said it was uncalled for and shows his true character,

Old 10-08-2008, 01:33 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,962,343 times
I don't think it's racism. McCain want to be president, plain & simple. In his book he clearly stated that it was personal ambition, not concern for country, that caused him to run for office.

[youtube]9-GfRmfb274[/youtube]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-GfRmfb274"]YouTube - McCain's Ambition: In His Own Words[/URL]

So here he is 72 years old, and his "shot at the prize" is being crushed by a young man with less experience. He obviously resents Obama a lot because he knows there will never be another chance.

One more thing... something ran through my mind when I watched McCain tonight. Maybe if he's really rude to Obama, people watching will think "Hmm, he must know something we don't." After all, McCain keeps telling us that Obama is dangerous. Just a thought.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:41 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,176,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4home View Post
Maybe Obama extended the worng hand? I think it's aBob dole thing w/McCain and he can only shake with one hand.

c'mon, people, get real! McCain is just a crusty old geezer, nothing more. Was it "ageism" when Obama refused to call him Senator in the last debate and kept refering to him as "John". I thought that was very rude, especially since McCain is older than he is, and been in the senate longer.
Did you consider it rude when Saratodd called Senator Biden, "Joe"????

He's older, smarter, more experienced, been IN the Senate, has a full resume and didn't wink like an idiot.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:46 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,537,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
McCain's behavior has been consistently bad. . I really want to get passed the fact that he referred to African Americans as "tar-babies" or that he voted repeatedly against the Martin Luther King Holiday and during this election flip-flopped. However McCain won't let me.
Really? Do you have a link for that? If that's true, just when I thought I could not respect this Popeye/Caribou Barbie any less, well holy batsqueeze.
I just watched the beginning of the debate again and noticed how McCain said to Obama, "Thanks to Senator Obama for agreeing to meet with me in a town meeting".
Remember the 9/11/08 forum on service when McCain that the reason why the campaign was getting nasty was because "Senator Obama would not agree to meet with me in a town hall meeting"?
McCain has truly turned into a bitter, pathetic old man, particulary since he chose Palin and this country will start WW3 if he gets elected.

I just noticed the link, please god, if you really do exist, don't let Palin/McCain get in the White House.
I would not have said this if McCain was the McCain of 2000, or if he chose a decent running mate. McCain and Palin are jokes.

Last edited by beenhereandthere; 10-08-2008 at 01:49 AM.. Reason: clarification

Old 10-08-2008, 02:30 AM

2,579 posts, read 2,453,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
I don't think it was racism. McCain just seems to have a pattern of being disrespectful to those that he disagrees with, regardless of race or sex.

Quite.
Hardly a presidential way of behaving!!!

Old 10-08-2008, 02:47 AM

38,649 posts, read 26,423,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post

YouTube - McCain Calls Obama "That One"

really?

and what about the handshake?

YouTube - The McCain-Obama Post-Debate "Handshake"

This is the second debate where McCain has showed high levels of disrespect towards Obama
Not sure how you disrespect an unpatriotic racist who associates himself with two communist domestic terrorist.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:49 AM

38,649 posts, read 26,423,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
the panel of independents on nbc commented on that statement and said it was uncalled for and shows his true character,
nbc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections