Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 11:16 PM

532 posts, read 859,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
Speaking of American Indians, they also had to become Christian or else once they came to Oklahoma. That is like the Muslims that say, "You all have to become Muslims or else?" I heard that from a Muslim that came to my church one year to give a speech. And yet the Christians think they are above the Muslims somehow.
You are misinformed. Not many of my Indian relatives in OK go to church. Many of them still practice Native beliefs. I used to go to the yearly family reunion, and everyone had a great time participating in native American dances, and music. This takes place in Cache, OK, at Star House--the home of Quanah Parker, which was built for him by his good friend, and hunting partner, Teddy(Theodore Roosevelt), The Ok Indians are great people, and they live as they please. OK is a wonderful State. The people are the best.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:37 PM

532 posts, read 859,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
Oct 7 Polls

Great polling day for Obama overall, but take a look at his numbers in Oklahoma!

Anyone live there that can shed some insight into why OK is so messed up?
OK is a very independent State, that has a mind of it's own. The people are very hard working, and know what they want and believe. They don't care what other people think. I admire their spirit of individuality, and ruggedness. Many of my relatives live there still, although I am a Texan by birth. Everyone should be so messed up as an Okie. So, maybe they don't want to vote for Obama. That is their privilege.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:02 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,999 times
What is really funny is so many of you ObamaBots honestly believe that if people do not agree with you about your messiah, Obama, then there has to be something wrong with them. That is too funny, to say the leasy, especially when it happens to be untrue.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:04 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
Oct 7 Polls

Great polling day for Obama overall, but take a look at his numbers in Oklahoma!

Anyone live there that can shed some insight into why OK is so messed up?

I'd guess Utah was about the same too...stuck on stupid.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:43 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I essentially told the person the same thing, but I gathered she ended up in a unusually close minded, overly conservative town maybe even for Oklahoma. From their looks alone, there's some Oklahoma towns I sure wouldn't want to live in.
Hi nieghbor, ALways have loved Stillwater. Such a beautiful place all around and friendly people. Its just ashamed that a progressive college town like Stillwater has a reading problem................

I am really amazed that people are starting to catch on to our little secreat and wanting to move here.

Great climate, low cost of living, great friendly people, good colleges and university's, hunting, fishing, and outdoor sports with tons of lakes.

But what can I say...................except, I love OKLAHOMA and STILLWATER ROCKS

Old 10-09-2008, 06:45 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calid00d View Post
It's a backwards, ignorant state.
And I suppose you have never been to eastern Texas or the Pan handle area..............

Old 10-09-2008, 07:15 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
One person changed your view of the state.

No, not one person, a whole town full. It isn't just one person here. I hear racist comments almost daily here. It gets to be a pain. People blab in public. You can't go anywhere without hearing it. It is either that or comments about those that are not Christians or those that are not for McCain, etc. Maybe it seems to be all bundled up in one person, but that isn't what I meant. And yet I and others know well enough to not say anything back to them unless we want trouble.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:17 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Ohh how I wish life was as simple as you seem to think it is.

Not voting for the black man must be racist there can't be any other reasons.....no way...

Many people not voting for him are racist. I should not have said "most".

Old 10-09-2008, 07:21 AM

493 posts, read 717,565 times
I live in Oklahoma and although the people are nice here, they are very religious, very homogenous! I am in an interracial marriage and have never been met with racism here. So people are tolerant, and don't judge or hold that sort of thing against you, but very set in their ways and views.

Also, this state has had a long history of bad relations with blacks, I mean BAD where whites burned down the most successful town blacks had going out of anger and frustration of blacks doing something with themselves. it was many years ago, but those divisions are still strong sometimes.

Oh and another thing, there is a super duper liberal running for senate here I believe! You should see the nasty ads for that lmao! They pair him up with Obama and everything with ads that say "he is everything that Oklahoma isn't" and then show some redneck down in the grass field with cowboy hat on approving the message, but the young people want that lib. You should see the lawns with he and Obama's name on the signs and then right across the street you will see McCain/Palin signs. There is a bit of a young verses old here and it's great lol!

Old 10-09-2008, 07:22 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
I have a question, what if the candidate were completely white and not half white?

Then what would people not voting for that person be accused of being?

It has no bearing...

The people of OK just don't like Obama. Plain and simple. Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them. It's their choice, their freedom. Something this country was founded for.

No one should be calling them messed up. It's just not right to condemn them for their right.

Last edited by Jerseyt719; 10-09-2008 at 07:24 AM.. Reason: Punctuation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections