Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 03:14 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,799,524 times

Advertisements

Why would Obama supporters want her replaced? It makes more sense to have McCain stuck with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 03:16 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,691,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
I mean Supervisors at Wal-Mart fire people on power trips.
..that is why they are supervisors at Walmart and not running for VP.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:18 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,295,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Whats the worse that could happen, that the report says that Palin tried to use her position to have a guy who drank in his police car and harmed a 10 year old to get fired.. Yeah, that would be so damning... NOT
Yeah, who cares about abuse of power? That's a great trait to have in a president! At least her middle name doesn't make republicans soil their panties!

I'll be sittin' here with my popcorn out tomorrow!

They'll really have to ratchet up the Husseinmania after this!

Old 10-09-2008, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,775,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
I think if the report is damning to Sarah Palin, Palin will have to be replaced. The lead investigator in the case hinted that the report will be "damaging" to gov Palin. The October surprise begins tommorrow

I am smiling so hard at the neocon/republicans in a state of panic that I will probably be buried with a grin still on my face.

On Election day I will record Bill O'reilly and Hannity's Fox News shows and replay it every day for the rest of m life!

Old 10-09-2008, 03:32 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,950,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F430F1 View Post
I am smiling so hard at the neocon/republicans in a state of panic that I will probably be buried with a grin still on my face.

On Election day I will record an entire day Fox News and replay it every day for the rest of my life!
That is funny! It's the one day I'll be sure to watch FOX all day too

Old 10-09-2008, 03:37 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,890,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Whats the worse that could happen, that the report says that Palin tried to use her position to have a guy who drank in his police car and harmed a 10 year old to get fired.. Yeah, that would be so damning... NOT

Yep. And....he also shot a moose out of season, and threatened Palin's family. IE: the guy is a poacher...

I guess if you're a bad-apple "trooper", you might get a token slap on the wrist. (they sent him home for 5 days without pay....whoopidee-doo) The rest of us would get a big hefty fine, our gun and vehicle confiscated, and maybe even serve jail time...

Old 10-09-2008, 03:45 PM

29 posts, read 56,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
I think if the report is damning to Sarah Palin, Palin will have to be replaced. The lead investigator in the case hinted that the report will be "damaging" to gov Palin. The October surprise begins tommorrow
I'll be watching for the outcome. I just don't understand why McCain picked someone with this sort of baggage. Troopergate, a teenager with a pregnancy, very little law experience to run the Senate. I guess McCain wasn't serious about his bid for President. Can we say a she is a deer in someones headlight.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:53 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,729,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Why would Obama supporters want her replaced? It makes more sense to have McCain stuck with her.
I agree. It ought to be the Republicans who want her out now. If McCain replaced her with Romney at this point it would be a whole new ball game.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:59 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,691,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I agree. It ought to be the Republicans who want her out now. If McCain replaced her with Romney at this point it would be a whole new ball game.
They may gain some independents but lose some or lot of their shrill base. The campign probably has made these calculations before and has opted for status quo. Even if they replace her, the economy continues to kill McCain/Bush/Republican triad, so theirs is a campaign to nowhere. A Palin replacement will be seen as another instance of poor judgement from McCain.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:59 PM

1,416 posts, read 5,604,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
If McCain replaced her with Romney at this point it would be a whole new ball game.
Unquestionably it would, especially for the Independents and as-yet-undecided voters. To suddenly have someone in the VP spot with hand-on experience in the business/economic sector would be a HUGE boost for the Republican campaign.

If McCain had the tiniest glimmer of knowledge, back when he picked Palin, of what might happen with the economy .... Palin would never have had a chance in h*ll of being tapped for VP. Romney would have been a shoo-in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections