Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 02:07 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times

Advertisements

Its the fact that they hunt for fun/sport. It is mean-spirited and shallow.

And killing wolf pups in the den with their mother is just plain insane. If someone gets a rush from that, they are a sociopath in my book.

Old 10-12-2008, 02:22 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Sarah Palin says shes a Christian but do Christians shoot helpless animals from helicopters for fun?
Christians do shoot animals from land, sea and air, for food and sport and speaking personally YES it is fun, go out on a crisp cold autumn morning with my shotgun and dog, thermos full of hot black coffee, one or two really good cigars, you walk for miles just watching you're dog work back and forth until it locks up on a Pheasant, you creep up until the bird explodes into the air right in front of you're face, you swing your gun around and blam, release you're dog and thak God for that bird you're dog and a beautiful morning!
Wow! I am getting a warm feeling just thinking about it!

PS; If you want to put animals on the same level as humans you must remember, Animals kill and eat each other in much more violent and gruesome ways than humans could ever think of. You cant have it both ways!

Old 10-12-2008, 04:17 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Its the fact that they hunt for fun/sport. It is mean-spirited and shallow.

And killing wolf pups in the den with their mother is just plain insane. If someone gets a rush from that, they are a sociopath in my book.
Again, to a certain extent I agree with you. The pups and baby seals -- it makes me cringe to think about it.
But then you have to remember -- veal is but another name for a baby cow. That baby is locked in a small pen so that it doesn't get excercise thus ruining its fatty flesh. That sickens me, too. I don't eat veal -- never have and never will. But I have eaten that veals mamma -- and while that also makes me feel bad, it does make me not able to throw stones at people who do.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:30 PM

348 posts, read 502,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
The earth isn't being destroyed. Ecological responsiblility?

A beer guzzling British Obama supporter has an opinion about horrible American hunters. Hunting is legal in England too. Civilized atheists like yourself are very helpful in pointing out how shameful Americans are.

Most selfish nation? America is the most generous country on the planet.

Speaking of stupidity... Have another pint my up tight friend and realize that your blather is meaningless to more than six billion people.
For starters, Yoopercat, hunting with dogs is now illegal in the UK, thank goodness, and the control of guns here is so tight that it's virtually impossible for anyone to go out shooting animals legally or illegally. That, at least, makes me proud to be British, even if no nation is perfect. The criminally-minded still manage to find to find guns somewhere, however, but unlike the States, they can't simply walk into a shop and buy them when they feel like shooting people. So please don't ever come here, Yoopercat - you would hate it.

Yes, my friend, as a citizen of the world, and not just a small country, I DO have an opinion on irresponsible hunting for sport as well as the future of the planet. Shooting defenceless wolves from Helicopters is not my idea of civilised fair play, no matter how much it satisfies your lust for blood, and believe me, is repellant to watch. So let's wipe out all the remaining wildlife in Alaska and start drilling for oil - if that makes me a stupid Obama supporter - then count me in. Tell your grandchildren why the planet doesn't need the polar ice-caps - when its too late. That's what I really call shameful.

Not selfish? The facts speak for themselves - The US. has less than a quarter of the world's population, but consumes well over two-thirds of the planet's natural resources. America under Bush has made a mockery of all attempts by the rest of the world to limit environmental damage, failing to sign the Kyoto treaty, and many others. I could go on, but I have some beer-swilling to do.

If you were as generous as you like to believe, America wouldn't have the reputation for being the world's least co-operative Nation on environmental issues, always looking to further your own short-term interests at any expense and bugger the rest of the world. Well, by the looks of things on the economic front, you will soon have no choice but to scale down your expectations - and welcome to the real world. Then we'll see who gets the most uptight.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:36 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,588,833 times
freefall that just sums up your thread, and your other threads.

Christian or not ...you should have respect for the ladies on this forum

Old 10-12-2008, 06:43 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,583,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
God gave us dominion over the animals? That doesn't mean it's okay to slaughter wolves from helicopters, in order to artificially inflate the caribou and moose numbers for trophy hunters.

Palin and those who support such actions ought to be ashamed.
Sorry to burst your vegetarian bubble, but the problem isn't the animals to begin with, it is us humans. The animal population knows how to control it's population naturally, at 6 billion and growing, we humans don't. And it's either/or. Once our industrial human population encounters the natural animal world it further pushes resources off their natural land. Basically every human/house displaces a certain area/amount of natural resource and in order to fix this balance sometime we need to artificially "maintain" it. Every state has a Dept. of Natural Resource where some of your tax dollars goes to, thus believe it or not you are also supporting hunting if your state allows it, wheter you hunt or not. Every year in most states the Dept. of Natural Resource sets a quota and sells tags for hunting in order to better achieve this balance. We do not ask people to take more than they need, just enough to balance off the resources with our increasing demand for land. I'm sure you would have it this way, than the other way around, where hunting tags are distributed to the wolves instead.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:17 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,739 times
I believe this thread has run its course. Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections