Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 08:59 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,990 times

Advertisements

Is using Barack Obama's middle name wrong? Maybe not but the tactics and strategy employed by the McCain campaign is. Ask yourself why a middle name is important in an election. We don't hear anybody refer to John McCain as John Sidney McCain. This is very obviously a scare tactic to link Obama to Muslim terrorists even though no link exists. Obama is half white, half black, born in Hawaii with a mother from Kansas and a father from Kenya. He attended Harvard and became the first black editor of the Harvard Law Review. The terrorist insinuation is a thin veil for the racism that clearly exists in this election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 09:01 PM

59 posts, read 160,293 times
::yawn::

Old 10-09-2008, 09:02 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,267,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
Is using Barack Obama's name wrong? Maybe not but the tactics and strategy employed by the McCain campaign clearly is. Ask yourself why a middle name is important in an election. We don't hear anybody refer to John McCain as John Sidney McCain. This is very obviously a scare tactic to link Obama to Muslim terrorists even though no link exists. Obama is half white, half black, born in Hawaii with a mother from Kansas and a father from Kenya. He attended Harvard and became the first black editor of the Harvard Law Review. The terrorist claim is a thin veil for the racism that clearly exists in this election.
We sure heard Hillary RODHAM Clinton a lot.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:07 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,984,135 times
Quote:
Is using Barack Obama's middle name wrong? Maybe not but the tactics and strategy employed by the McCain campaign is. Ask yourself why a middle name is important in an election. We don't hear anybody refer to John McCain as John Sidney McCain. This is very obviously a scare tactic to link Obama to Muslim terrorists even though no link exists. Obama is half white, half black, born in Hawaii with a mother from Kansas and a father from Kenya. He attended Harvard and became the first black editor of the Harvard Law Review. The terrorist insinuation is a thin veil for the racism that clearly exists in this election.
Anytime you use someone's name in a way that don't care for that's a slur. A sign you don't respect them.

If my name was John Theodore Thomas? And I made it clear I didn't like people calling me Theodore or using Theodore when calling my name that would be a perfectly normal reaction some people have to their odd or unusual middle names.

Wingers calling him by his full name, using Hussein, is just their way of showing disrespect.

They're not fooling anybody. 3rd graders do this.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:09 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,990 times
Default Hillary Clinton

Rodham isn't her middle name. She prefers to use her maiden name, Rodham, in conjunction with her middle name, Clinton.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Anytime you use someone's name in a way that don't care for that's a slur. A sign you don't respect them.

If my name was John Theodore Thomas? And I made it clear I didn't like people calling me Theodore or using Theodore when calling my name. That's a perfectly normal reaction people have to their middle names.

You calling him Hussein is just your way of showing disrespect.

You're not fooling anybody.
Well at least they aren't calling him pitbull with lipstick or pig with lipstick or any number of other names McCain and Palin have been called.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:10 PM

167 posts, read 474,172 times
just call McCain and Palin "RACIST" and you basically don't even have to say their government names

Old 10-09-2008, 09:11 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,044,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
We sure heard Hillary RODHAM Clinton a lot.
RODHAM is not her middle name - it's her maiden name.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Rodham isn't her middle name. She prefers to use her maiden name, Rodham, in conjunction with her middle name, Clinton.
Still...you hear the Rodham a lot, and other times just Hillary Clinton. Not necessary to use the Rodham, just like it's not necessarily to use the Hussein. But not wrong either.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:12 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,044,141 times
Quote:
Sorry, didn't see this before I posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections