Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 03:54 PM

422 posts, read 1,366,579 times

Advertisements

I cant belive the uneducated, racist piece of trash who called Obama an "Arab" at the Wisconsin town hall meeting for McCain.

Am I that naive that these types of people exist?

I am embarrassed to walk the same earth with these ignorant [MOD CUT]
GOBAMA!!!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-13-2008 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: Watch the language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 03:56 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,967,597 times
Seriously the frenzy these people are in is very disturbing - they always existed but thanks to McCain and Palin they now feel empowered. And that can lead to bad things so hopefully the backlash against these types will send them back to their caves and secret basement meetings.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:58 PM

306 posts, read 1,162,065 times
Its shocking and embarassing. Try living abroad and having people THINK that is typical American.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:58 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,442,495 times
These people are filled with ignorance. When I say ignorance, I do not mean to degrade them. They just have been raised all their lives believing what their parents have told them and so on and so on. They do not open their minds to anything else. Forgive her, she really is scared. I think John McCain, although I am for Obama, was sincere when he took the mic and said to her, no, no. Even though some people are saying he made the remark about he was a good family man (meaning an Arab couldn't be) he did not mean it in that way. I think he meant the right thing.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:59 PM

Yeah, I dont even know what to say..... my heart literally breaks because of this crap. Ive always been able to ignore those types of people (if you want to call them people), but now its in my face.

These people are either mentally ill or have a brain deficiancy...

Old 10-11-2008, 04:00 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBeginnings12 View Post
I cant belive the uneducated, racist piece of trash who called Obama an "Arab" at the Wisconsin town hall meeting for McCain.

You must be very young.

Old 10-11-2008, 04:01 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times
Quote:

GOBAMA!!!
I can you haven't been around too many Republicans! They pretty much all think the same thing.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-13-2008 at 09:48 AM.. Reason: Edited for edit in OP

Old 10-11-2008, 04:01 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,076,439 times
I addressed this at
http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ok-listen.html

But another thread????? There are hundreds of these threads!!!!

WATCH THESE

YouTube - McCain to Rally Crowd: "I Want Everyone to Be Respectful"

YouTube - McCain Tries to Tame Flames

YouTube - McCain: "You Do Not Have To Be Scared" of Obama as President

Old 10-11-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
These people are filled with ignorance. When I say ignorance, I do not mean to degrade them. They just have been raised all their lives believing what their parents have told them and so on and so on. They do not open their minds to anything else. Forgive her, she really is scared. I think John McCain, although I am for Obama, was sincere when he took the mic and said to her, no, no. Even though some people are saying he made the remark about he was a good family man (meaning an Arab couldn't be) he did not mean it in that way. I think he meant the right thing.
Oh, I agree, McCain did a great job!!! Dont get me wring, I support Obama 100%, but I will ALWAYS respect and honor McCain. He is a true American hero, and I will never forget that.

But that woman and the rest of them..... good lord, I dont even know what to think anymore.

Old 10-11-2008, 04:04 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,641,526 times
Quote:

GOBAMA!!!
Understand that I support Senator Obama and am disheartened by the campaign that Senator McCain and Governor Palin are running.

However, I see it as no better for you to be referring to his supporter as a "piece of trash" or to call some of his supporters [MOD CUT]

You would, very understandably, take umbrage if the McCain/Palin camp referred to Obama supporters that way, I suspect.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-13-2008 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: language
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections