Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 02:04 PM

808 posts, read 1,148,968 times

Advertisements

First McCain was exposed for hiring a lobbyist for Saddam Hussein.
Then Sarah Palin's ties to the AIP were exposed.
Now Blitzer is going to talk about McCain also having ties to Acorn.

This is a good day for the Obama campaign...and will deflate the McCain campaign the day before the last debate.

What a wonderful day! Throw the hypocrisy of all those attacks on Obama right back into the face of the McCain campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 02:06 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Wow.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:09 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
I'm somewhat interested in why all of this is coming out at this moment.
These issues have been around for a bit.

I think that the media might be so ticked off at the state of affairs left from the Bush maladministration that they're trying to stop this.
But why were they silent during the entire Bush administration when the big issues were before us.
Their silence created the problems we're currently facing.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:10 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Good - most people at least on here have no idea what ACORN is.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:11 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,885 times
By not allowing any interviews of Palin, McCain was trying to teach CNN a lesson since they had not shown respect for Palin. Looks like CNN now does not want any McCain interviews either.
I am waiting for the fair and balanced channel's reaction. We need more reporters who expose the politicians and not just sweet talk them.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:13 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'm somewhat interested in why all of this is coming out at this moment.
These issues have been around for a bit.

I think that the media might be so ticked off at the state of affairs left from the Bush maladministration that they're trying to stop this.
But why were they silent during the entire Bush administration when the big issues were before us.
Their silence created the problems we're currently facing.
The Huffington Post had an article pointing out McCain, Tim Pawlenty, Mitt Romney, Charlie Crist - others, there's a small thread that links to it here, from this morning - all have done business with ACORN. It's been so demonized, that's its own fault but still people dont bother to look into what it's really about. A big photo of McCain at an ACORN presentation (I think it was).

Old 10-14-2008, 02:13 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
By not allowing any interviews of Palin, McCain was trying to teach CNN a lesson since they had not shown respect for Palin.
I've said it before--it's a big mistake to tick off the media right before an election.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:14 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
How odd. CNN hasn't even reported Obama's links to ACORN thoroughly. Ooops, wait a minute -- that's not odd. It is CNN, after all. Every morning since the primaries began, Wolfe, Cafferty and Co. have been consulting with the Obama campaign on how to best promote the Messiah every day.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:15 PM

329 posts, read 473,164 times
Cool TIM Mahoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurmyst View Post
First McCain was exposed for hiring a lobbyist for Saddam Hussein.
Then Sarah Palin's ties to the AIP were exposed.
Now Blitzer is going to talk about McCain also having ties to Acorn.

This is a good day for the Obama campaign...and will deflate the McCain campaign the day before the last debate.

What a wonderful day! Throw the hypocrisy of all those attacks on Obama right back into the face of the McCain campaign.
Tim Mahoney hurrah!

Old 10-14-2008, 02:15 PM

808 posts, read 1,148,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
By not allowing any interviews of Palin, McCain was trying to teach CNN a lesson since they had not shown respect for Palin. Looks like CNN now does not want any McCain interviews either.
I am waiting for the fair and balanced channel's reaction. We need more reporters who expose the politicians and not just sweet talk them.
I flipped it onto FoxNews for a few minutes and they had an economist on there that liked most of Obama's plan to let people take money out of their IRAs and then he called McCain's new plan "mealy-mouthed", lmao...it's coming at them from even Fox News.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections