Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 08:44 AM

27,215 posts, read 46,778,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I thought this article was interesting. She likes to throw around the "racist" word.

Shocking development: Mrs Obama decides enough is enough: “My husband was born in Hawaii and adopted by his step father, does that make him unpatriotic; she asks”, on a direct telephone to API. « African Press International (API) (http://africanpress.wordpress.com/2008/10/15/shocking-development-mrs-obama-decides-enough-is-enough-my-husband-was-born-in-hawaii-and-adopted-by-his-step-father-does-that-make-him-unpatriotic-she-asks-on-a-direct-telephone-to-api/ - broken link)
She is even more angry than I already new! She shows what we expected and that is what she heard over and over sitting in that church for over 20 years....hate towards white people.

OMG. Thanks for psoting this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 08:48 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,176,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
She is even more angry than I already new! She shows what we expected and that is what she heard over and over sitting in that church for over 20 years....hate towards white people.

OMG. Thanks for psoting this.
Dont you read other posts in threads?

Old 10-15-2008, 08:52 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,394,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Hearsay is lovely, isn't it?

I got it straight from the horse's mouth, actually. ANd if you have wtched tape of her rantings and don't view her as someone threatening, then there's a problem....with you.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:00 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,671,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
I got it straight from the horse's mouth, actually. ANd if you have wtched tape of her rantings and don't view her as someone threatening, then there's a problem....with you.
No problem here... she is a successful, smart, self-made woman. She is a great role model for young women. I feel sorry that you're threatened by that.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:01 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,415,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
m'obama is untouchable.
to even dare mention that she thinks America is 'just downright mean,' or that she went 40-odd years of her life without once being 'really proud' of her country, will automatically get you labelled as a hateful racist by the o-bots.
As a black woman I find it odd that Michelle Obama is classified as downright mean and angry. While America is the greatest country in the world, like it or not the injustices and racism in this country, post slavery, remain alive and well. Subtle in some places, not so much in others. At the end of the day, while we have come a long way as a nation, to pretend that racial inequality and injustices don't exist and that Michelle is just some angry black woman (for no apparent reason because America is perfect) is not only delusional, but pathetic.

For the record, I have met some pretty downright mean, angry and vindictive racist white folks in my life, many of which think corporate America is an extension of the massa's plantation.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:04 AM

281 posts, read 381,044 times
No the problem lies with you. It lies with you because you view a woman of Michelle's caliber as threatening, meanwhile we have a crazed, unstable, volatile temper, McCain running for President and you don't speak of feeling threatened by that ?

I'm sure you have watched tapes of those episodes. Or have you ?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post

Old 10-15-2008, 09:06 AM

1,286 posts, read 2,918,067 times
why doesnt she talk to a US news media? is her husband running for president in africa too? wtf is api

Old 10-15-2008, 09:09 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,671,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
why doesnt she talk to a US news media? is her husband running for president in africa too? wtf is api
She was just on Larry King last week.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:12 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,415,333 times
Quote:
That rock you are living under must be huge. Last week she was on Larry King Live, for the second time. She has made several appearances on the Colbert Report, The View and probably a few others that I have missed.

What you should question is why is Sara Palin who is running for VP, being locked away from the media like an autistic stepchild?

Old 10-15-2008, 09:14 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,176,379 times
Quote:
"This is not Michelle Obama in this so-called 'phone interview.' Why on earth would she - and how on earth could she?! She's not a bored housewife sitting home with nothing to do but call africapress at wordpress.com and rail on about how the white racists giving her husband a hard time. She's slightly busy these days."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections