Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 01:55 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times

Advertisements

You're talking about the Bush maladministration though.
I absolutely agree that blackwater and the bush administration (in itself) are to be feared.

The NRA does skew issues. It's tactics are based in moving people into a frenzy of fear.
There are too many people in Congress that will stop any such talk of removing your guns.

I'm a pacifist, and anti-gun.
I just don't see that ever happening.
So, to me, it's a non-issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 06:50 AM

78 posts, read 125,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Pfft. People in the military follow ORDERS--whether they personally agree or not.

Those who don't are accused of being "traitors".

And as far as blood goes? Do you think they really care if the rivers run red?

I'm a veteran, and if it was between me going door to door in America collecting guns and being shot for not obeying orders, I'd choose the latter.

Old 10-19-2008, 06:54 AM

78 posts, read 125,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Relax: Obama's not interested in taking away your gun. I don't care WHAT the NRA says. If they tell you that, they're lying. Unless you have a semi-automatic stashed in your home, Obama's not interested in your gun fetish. And there is, of course, no reason for a private citizen to be packing a semi-automatic weapon.

So it's OK to squat down and s**t on the 2nd Amendment then? How do you feel about the first?

Remember,

11,500 people die in the US every year from firearms related crimes.

112,000 in the US die from OBESITY per year!!!!

Old 10-19-2008, 02:14 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_in_NC View Post
I'm a veteran, and if it was between me going door to door in America collecting guns and being shot for not obeying orders, I'd choose the latter.

When I served I was involved in Operation Desert Storm. I didn't LIKE it, didn't AGREE with it...but I obeyed orders. Who was cutting my checks?

Old 10-19-2008, 02:16 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
[quote=chielgirl;5754739]You're talking about the Bush maladministration though.
I absolutely agree that blackwater and the bush administration (in itself) are to be feared.

The NRA does skew issues. It's tactics are based in moving people into a frenzy of fear.
There are too many people in Congress that will stop any such talk of removing your guns.

just as there are too many people in congress to allow a bailout of wall street!

Old 10-19-2008, 02:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

very very good point. NRA keeps thinking the final move will come from the left, it won't. a tree is known by its fruit. history teaches us these lessons but we forget.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:31 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
It may not happen, but more than likely will: lets say that the Senate and the House add enough Democrat seats to offset the majority needed to pass any bill, and also that Obama becomes president. In this case, the new president and Congress can in fact pass any bill they want, appoint whichever judge they want to the Supreme Court, etc.

Knowing that Pelosi and other prominent Democrats are known for opposing gun ownership, one can only assume that bans to all sorts of guns will be passed. But more tan likely these things will be passed by the end of Obama's first term, once the economy has stabilized. By then, as Americans are more relaxed about the economy, will give Obama his second term in office.

All of this can change depending on Obama keeping his promises or not, because there is no way that Obama can implement all his social programs without having tax increases to pay for them.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:34 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,117,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Obama is not going to take away your guns, no matter what Field and Stream says.

"Barack Obama believes the Second Amendment creates an individual right, and he respects the constitutional rights of Americans to bear arms. He will protect the rights of hunters and other law-abiding Americans to purchase, own, transport, and use guns." - factcheck.org
That's funny; he didn't support the Heller case. You know, the biggest case regarding the 2nd Amendment in 50 or so years.

Barack Obama and Joe Biden are the worst enemies to the 2nd Amendment, and the Constitution for that matter.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:48 PM

81 posts, read 103,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Even if they banned guns tomorrow (which will never happen), are they going to go door to door and collect them?

The sky is falling the sky is falling!!! I own guns and the NRA has been making the same claims for YEARS now!!!
The NRA has been fighting for our 2nd amendment right for YEARS! If you think that they can't ban guns AND collect them just look at what has happened in other parts of the world.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:50 PM

81 posts, read 103,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

Let me guess; you are also an obama supporter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections