Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 09:00 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,287,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
A C-Section is a much, much more dangerous procedure than an abortion. There is no trauma to the vagina or cervix in a late term abortion. The cervix is opened manually over a period of 2-3 days using lamiraria that slowly expand.
Surely you know that a baby with hydrocephaly would need to be delivered by cesarean section to prevent dystocia. I could you could do a cephalocentesis but that would depend. If the pregnancy was at eight months, I'd think a cesarean delivery would be the best option.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 10-17-2008 at 05:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 09:01 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,499,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Now, back to the original topic: Can you effin believe what McCain did last night with the air quotes and the sneering sarcasm regarding the woman's health relating to abortions? I cannot. He's truly disgusting, and I'm sure he lost the potential votes of LOTS of female undecideds and uncommitteds and independents with his rude, mocking statements.

Do you not agree that actions speak louder than words? Obama only talks good game on gender pay equity

It's hard to say he is chauvinistic (sp?) and not say Obama is sexist.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 10-17-2008 at 05:59 AM..

Old 10-16-2008, 09:02 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,706,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'm really sorry, Politico. NO, I can't believe it...or, well, I guess I can, but I don't want to. I hate how this man appears to view women. I'm actually scared of how he seems to view women.
I feel the same way. Someone posted earlier that McCain's first wife, along with Cindy, and obviously Palin are all ex-beauty pageant contestants. I only knew that about Palin. It seems that he does have a skewed perception of women's worth.

It's very sad and scary that someone with this sort of demented outlook toward women, in present day, can have so many people actually looking up to him, and wanting him to lead our country.

Yikes, man. Yikes.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:02 PM

873 posts, read 1,589,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
I'm actually very frightened at women who treat babies like malignant tumors, and with people who so viciously agree with those women.
So you're saying it's better to see the child suffer horribly shortly after birth? I find the comment that you made very cruel to both the mother and the child. You don't know what goes on in the mother's head nor heart when she is forced to make a decision like this.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:03 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,287,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'm sorry, but I have to correct you. The umbilical cord does have two arteries. It also has one vein, so, three vessels, but obviously, a vein is not an artery. Is that what you were thinking of? In any event, sorry, but there are definitely two arteries in a normal umbilical cord (and only one in my son's).

It was not more a deformity to the fetus than the cord; it was a deformity to both, concurrently, which was the point.
Yes, sorry. I thought that you thought there were only two vessels instead of three. Thanks for clarifying. I understand what you meant now.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:04 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,632,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastidahomom View Post
So you're saying it's better to see the child suffer horribly shortly after birth? I find the comment that you made very cruel to both the mother and the child. You don't know what goes on in the mother's head nor heart when she is forced to make a decision like this.
I think we all too often know what is going on in the head and heart of the mother. But I agree, not always. And I certainly sympathize with JerZ and others like her. But for the other 1.2 million a year ?????????????

Old 10-16-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
I feel the same way. Someone posted earlier that McCain's first wife, along with Cindy, and obviously Palin are all ex-beauty pageant contestants. I only knew that about Palin. It seems that he does have a skewed perception of women's worth.

It's very sad and scary that someone with this sort of demented outlook toward women, in present day, can have so many people actually looking up to him, and wanting him to lead our country.

Yikes, man. Yikes.
Famous Pageant Titleholders (http://pageantclub.com/famous.html - broken link)

Old 10-16-2008, 09:07 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,706,072 times
Quote:
I think we all too often know what is going on in the head and heart of the mother.
Really? And what would that be?

Furthermore, how are McCain's sneering comments justified, based upon whatever you think you know regarding these mothers' states of mind?

Old 10-16-2008, 09:08 PM

873 posts, read 1,589,976 times
Quote:
I think we all too often know what is going on in the head and heart of the mother. But I agree, not always. And I certainly sympathize with JerZ and others like her. But for the other 1.2 million a year ?????????????
And I agree that some women abort for all of the wrong reasons, i.e., she doesn't want to get fat, she doesn't want a "kid". Some sounds quite bullish. But then again, I can't help but wonder if women like this aren't the ones who are later guilty of extreme neglect and abuse to the children they do have.

Maybe the bottom line is that judging the situation is up to God (or whatever higher power we believe in) and not us.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:08 PM

Default Imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastidahomom View Post
The first three months is when the decision should be made if any is to be made. After the three months it's absolutely ridiculous unless the mother is to die from the birth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections